Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: [0.97a] Ore Refinery v0.8 - 03/07/24  (Read 106845 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Ore Refinery v0.6 - 12/13/21
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2022, 10:19:45 AM »

A good point, thank you. One of the things I am struggling with is trying to combine them but still keeping it a separate thing. If I ever do figure it out I will keep the current system up as a link for those who only want to use some of the conversions but not others.

Tipnick

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 21, 2022, 11:04:14 AM »

Truth is, Forge Production can be hacked so you can turn on or off their production (which can originally only be done in port) while flying. This would partially solve the conflict, but sometimes you need to preserve resources for different kind of production. I'd still prefer separate control for each resource.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2022, 11:22:35 AM »

@Tipnick Well with that in mind I decided to kind of scrap the idea of combining them into one. I got as far as getting it to sort of work but to make it efficient I would have to totally re-write the code and frankly, for now, the effort to do that outweighs the small convenience.

@Rotok Transforming the code into a ship system sort of falls into the same issue. I am sorry but at this time I do not think I am able to do it.

If anyone wants to take the current code and either make it one script and/or turn it into a ship system, I am way open to help and suggestions.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2022, 09:11:57 AM »

I whipped up a couple of better icons with a bit of googling. Sadly there's not one for Biophotovoltaics, because I replaced it with anime figurines.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2022, 09:18:05 AM »

Yea I saw your post on discord I'll add them next update. Good of you to post it here.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2022, 02:16:49 PM »

Any plans to create a "combined" hot-bar button that'll run all four at the same time? Perhaps with some other variants that activate only two (such as a button for both types of ore, but not the other two) or other combinations?

I know they're split apart so that you don't accidentally use resources you don't want to, but keeping all four on your main hot-bar tends to feel crowded... and having to move to the next hot-bar every time you want to refine is kinda irritating. Having a bunch of choices available if needed doesn't seem like it'd be a bad thing.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 02:21:44 PM by Oni »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2022, 03:06:31 PM »

I agree it can be cumbersome to switch bars, with all the mods I use I am up to 3 bars worth of buttons. I wish there was a UI mod that allowed more than one bar to show at a time. 

I did work on it for a few hours trying to combine them all into one script but though I could get it to sort of work, the balance was way off. Essentially it produced free resources which is a big ole cheat and not in the spirit of the mod. I started this mod with zero experience coding so I asked Timid (Techpriest at the time) and was given permission to base this off of the Supply Forge code. I learned allot by following the flow and was able to make it in it's current stage.

I have not given up on the project but at this stage of my Java knowledge I find I cannot make it work as intended. Sorry it is not the best of answers but I am still learning and looking into why my tinkering is not having the desired effect. I will work on it when I can, call it a stretch goal for 2022 I guess.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2022, 03:10:43 PM »

That sounds a lot more complicated than I thought it would be... though I fully admit I know little of scripting.

No way to create a button that "activates" the four already existing buttons? That way it just shuts down the ones that don't have resources to change, but keeps the ones that do turned on.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2022, 02:56:31 PM »

No way to create a button that "activates" the four already existing buttons? That way it just shuts down the ones that don't have resources to change, but keeps the ones that do turned on.

Not that I am aware of other than combining all four scripts into one. Perhaps some kind reader more knowledgeable with Java can answer that.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2022, 03:04:10 PM »

Well what determines if an ability is on or not? (Asking from a position of never having looked into it)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Ore Refinery v0.65 - 03/10/22
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2022, 07:52:25 AM »

0.65 out today

Added version checker support and some minor graphical changes to the cargo icons. (new images added to the main page if you'd like a peek)

Tried again to merge all four into an all in one script and well let's say it was less than successful. Sorry gang but it seems beyond my skill level to do w/out a total re-write. Enjoy!

balordezul

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2022, 07:30:05 AM »

Good update on the visuals!

If you ever want to try your hand at ships you discover via exploration.  I could see a discoverable pre collapse mining / refining ship for a crossover between JYD and this mod.  Maybe add it as an extra item in the JYD mod but have it with a high base mining and refining bonus. 

If it is too complicated to add in a refining modifier right into the ship let the player discover a few nano forges with the ship.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2022, 12:05:54 PM »

Ty for the kind words, Yunru donate two of them so credit where it is due. I do in fact want to learn how to make some exploration contend for JYD as the faction is all about that, future plans...

As to a forge ship, I actually started out JYD with that in mind and the concept evolved into Ore Refinery. You may want to check out Forge Production by Ontheheavens as that offers hull mods that refine. I do not use it personally but I hear it is good for that.

blackrave404

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2022, 11:01:18 PM »

Wanted to ask something.
I noticed that refining keeps using up raw resources till it runs out.
What happens when insufficient amount gets used up?
Are those resources gone or does mod remembers unfinished refining progress from previous time and resumes?

Basically if (numbers pulled out of my rear) platinum needs 100 ore, you have 140, refining gives 1 platinum but uses 140 ore, if I acquire 60 more ore and refine that, will one more platinum be made or initial 40 and later 60 ore are gone?

Ontheheavens

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2022, 11:28:44 PM »

Wanted to ask something.
I noticed that refining keeps using up raw resources till it runs out.
What happens when insufficient amount gets used up?
Are those resources gone or does mod remembers unfinished refining progress from previous time and resumes?

Basically if (numbers pulled out of my rear) platinum needs 100 ore, you have 140, refining gives 1 platinum but uses 140 ore, if I acquire 60 more ore and refine that, will one more platinum be made or initial 40 and later 60 ore are gone?

Conversion happens frame-by-frame using applyEffect(float amount, float level), and each frame a tiny fraction of the full day's input is subtracted and a tiny fraction of the full day's output is added. The fraction part here is important - cargo is a float value mechanically, so what you see as 5 platinum in cargo screen might be actually 5.42 platinum. So in some sense yes, I would imagine that "progress" on the refining is saved, so long as you do not sell the output before a new unit is produced, since game does not account for price of anything left over after the integer.

That said, I do have a bit of the input on code:
Code
        float supply = fleet.getCargo().getCommodityQuantity(jydr_Items.PLATINUM);

} else if(supply >= fleet.getCargo().getMaxCapacity()) {
                fleet.addFloatingText("Full of Platinum", Misc.setAlpha(entity.getIndicatorColor(), 255), 0.5f);
                deactivate();
            }

What this part does is restricts conversion if there is more units of platinum in the cargo holds than the fleet cargo capacity itself; Not only you'll never have a situation where this happens in normal ingame conditions, the restriction itself is counterproductive since conversion process is a net shrink of cargo, so you want it running even when cargo holds are full.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7