Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pirates Ships  (Read 736 times)

AntonIceland

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Pirates Ships
« on: October 22, 2021, 01:39:21 AM »

I have been wondering about the Pirates ships. Where do pirates get their ships? I think the get ships from other factions. Salvaging, stealing, homemade ships and pirating other ships from the other faction. Just like the player. Excepted pirates have their own set of ships. I think some of the faction ships need to be mixed up with Pirates faction ships to make Pirates more believable.

note: i was playing as a bounty hunter and i was doing a lot of pirate haunting. After hunting down a lot of pirates I only head pirate ships. Then I started thinking about all of the above.

Sandor057

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Pirates Ships
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 02:22:53 AM »

I also think there should be more ships having a pirate variant, even if sub-par to the original. It would add a bit more flavor to the endless Venture + Mule spams.

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 11:11:54 PM »

Pretty sure pirates have their own heavy industry on one of their planets. There's also the blackmarkets which are every planet.
I also think there should be more ships having a pirate variant, even if sub-par to the original. It would add a bit more flavor to the endless Venture + Mule spams.
Sell blueprints on the blackmarket. Pirates will learn them after a while and start using those ships/weapons/fighters in their fleets, with a bunch of dmods of course.
I do think there should be more pirate variants as well though. A venture(p) with some different mounts or replace the mining pods with a proper fighter bay, or redesign of the starliner similar to the colossus and atlas.

Sandor057

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2021, 01:26:08 AM »

Sell blueprints on the blackmarket. Pirates will learn them after a while and start using those ships/weapons/fighters in their fleets, with a bunch of dmods of course.
I do think there should be more pirate variants as well though. A venture(p) with some different mounts or replace the mining pods with a proper fighter bay, or redesign of the starliner similar to the colossus and atlas.

Yeah, I know that pirates will use blueprints sold on the black market. What I meant is also for there to be more pirate variant ships. A pirate Dominator or pirate Heron would not be entirely illogical, I think.

Igncom1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2021, 02:01:12 AM »

There is at least one pirate port with heavy industry. If you take it out all pirate ships become d4 wrecks.
Sunders are the best ship in the game.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2021, 04:02:50 AM »

Pirates have Kapteyn Starworks to build their ships.  It is also where player needs to raid for pirate blueprints not in the pirate pack, like Falcon-P.

Only Hegemony has more than one Heavy Industry (they have two).  Pathers is the only faction with no Heavy Industry (and no way to steal Prometheus II blueprint).

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2021, 04:39:29 AM »

I never knew you could give pirates new ship designs by selling blueprints on the black market. this is amazing information that i will use on a pirate playthrough. thank you.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 04:42:08 AM by LinWasTaken »