Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Idea of Galaxy Sectors.  (Read 529 times)

AntonIceland

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Idea of Galaxy Sectors.
« on: October 21, 2021, 06:08:30 AM »

I do play a lot of Stellares and other games like that and things are never smaller than a galaxy nowadays.
I love to fly around a galaxy and explore the universe.

So way not to have multiple sectors to play in that you can add to a galaxy map to explore.
Each sector can have their own unique theme to them just as the solar system has.
You can have factions in their home sectors where they have a stronger presence.
Just think of how many possibilities and depth that a galaxy map on top of sectors can be.

Idea of game mechanics:
Entering sectors can be just like entering the solar system. Meaning the Galaxy map work a lot like the Sector map and it looks like a Galaxy.
If you're feeling fancy you can add a special fuel and special engine to travel long distances between sectors.

The Idea a lot bigger engine is needed to travel those long distances.
the special engine can be a mod to a ship that cost 10 or 15. or added like a weapon on the ship.

I have a lot more ideas about this. but this is something i really am interested in seeing in the game after playing Starsector.

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Idea of Galaxy Sectors.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 09:45:03 AM »

this could be ether a MASSIVE mod or possibly something we will see in starsector(4.95b)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: Idea of Galaxy Sectors.
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2021, 11:45:28 AM »

this could be ether a MASSIVE mod or possibly something we will see in starsector(4.95b)

this actually prob wouldnt be that big of an ask, theres already a mod that generates new sectors mid-game (the ng+ mod) when you go thru the stargates. actually im p sure theres more than one. the procgen has seeds, every time you stargate to another sector for the first time it procgens a new sector, every time you leave a sector it creates a save file just for that sector along with its seed, every time you enter a sector after the first time it just reads the seed and then uses the savefile to populate the resulting sector the way it was when you left it (or not the way it was). bing bang boom you can expand it as far & wide as your hard drive is capable of handling
« Last Edit: October 21, 2021, 11:47:26 AM by Deshara »
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then