Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30

Author Topic: [0.97a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 2.9.3 - 03/10/24  (Read 201369 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 1.95 - 06/12/22
« Reply #255 on: June 13, 2022, 03:35:22 PM »

Well I toned down their aggression quite a bit this patch so you shouldn't see them invading near as much in a new game. There were a couple comments on discord plus what you had here since I posted 1.95 so I've already complied a to-do list. I'll keep an eye out for any other issues or ideas that pop up for JYD but I have some ideas I'd like to tinker with my other mods, however, for sure I'll have it removed from the Loyal in the next patch.

Thanks for the follow up.

bigwheel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 14, 2022, 09:08:11 AM »

Haven't installed the new version yet so this may be fixed but the JYD hullmod Reflective Armor says it increases shield flux by 10% but it actually decreases it according to the tooltip in the fitting window e.g. 150 to 135, not 150 to 165 as expected.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 14, 2022, 09:55:58 AM »

Haven't installed the new version yet so this may be fixed but the JYD hullmod Reflective Armor says it increases shield flux by 10% but it actually decreases it according to the tooltip in the fitting window e.g. 150 to 135, not 150 to 165 as expected.

Hi there, thank you so much for brining this to my attention. It boils down to my misunderstanding of how a particular mutable ship stat operates and not doing my due diligence. I'll have a fix in the next patch but if you want to put the fix in yourself it is not difficult (one of the reasons I keep my code open source).

From the JYD folder navigate to data\scripts\hullmods and open the file JYD_reflectivearmor.Java with an editor, I recommend notepad++. In that file navigate to line 17 public static final float SHIELD_UPKEEP_MULTIPLIER = and change the 0.90f to 1.1f 
Now to fix the tooltip reporting go to line 28   if (index == 1) return "" + (int) ((1f - SHIELD_UPKEEP_MULTIPLIER) * 100f); and add a - directly in front of the 100 to be -100f

I was going to work on a patch for Hiver Swarm but it looks like I need to go ahead and comb through JYD again for things like this. I'll just add it to the long list of bonehead noob mistakes I made. I am so thankful to have players such as yourself that put up with it and are willing to QA for me.

AKAJIA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 14, 2022, 01:44:51 PM »

JYD_hab does not generate energy when shooting, is this normal?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 14, 2022, 03:21:33 PM »

I designed it as a low energy per damage output weapon vs other medium weapons like the heavy machine gun. I have it set to drain 9 energy per 26 damage where as the HMG is 15 energy per 40 damage for example. At least that is my intent, however, when I just loaded the game I saw the tooltip say what you state. I am honestly stumped at the moment why it would be this way. I checked all the numbers I have in every entry for the HAB versus similar vanilla weapons as well as some of the JYD ones and the HAB is the only one that comes up that way in game.

At this stage it is a puzzle but one I intend to figure out. I'll have a better answer when I get a chance to look it over in more depth tomorrow. Sorry for the partial reply but I wanted to let you know I am looking into it and to thank you for pointing it out.

Usgiyi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 14, 2022, 10:02:47 PM »

I designed it as a low energy per damage output weapon vs other medium weapons like the heavy machine gun. I have it set to drain 9 energy per 26 damage where as the HMG is 15 energy per 40 damage for example. At least that is my intent, however, when I just loaded the game I saw the tooltip say what you state. I am honestly stumped at the moment why it would be this way. I checked all the numbers I have in every entry for the HAB versus similar vanilla weapons as well as some of the JYD ones and the HAB is the only one that comes up that way in game.

At this stage it is a puzzle but one I intend to figure out. I'll have a better answer when I get a chance to look it over in more depth tomorrow. Sorry for the partial reply but I wanted to let you know I am looking into it and to thank you for pointing it out.

It's because the burst size is set to 0.9

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 15, 2022, 04:47:49 AM »

And circle gets the square! That nub list is getting longer and longer lol, thank you for saving me the time to figure it out. Change that 0.9 to 1 in the weapon_data.csv and it is working as intended. Balanced just above the the heavy machine gun in damage, range and better flux efficiency but frag damage verses kinetic on the HMG. You can change it yourself on your end or wait, the fix will be in the next patch which I *should* have up in a day or so.

Thank you yet again Usgiyi!

AKAJIA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 15, 2022, 06:49:35 AM »

And circle gets the square! That nub list is getting longer and longer lol, thank you for saving me the time to figure it out. Change that 0.9 to 1 in the weapon_data.csv and it is working as intended. Balanced just above the the heavy machine gun in damage, range and better flux efficiency but frag damage verses kinetic on the HMG. You can change it yourself on your end or wait, the fix will be in the next patch which I *should* have up in a day or so.

Thank you yet again Usgiyi!

nice, it seems that the problem is solved perfectly.
Another point, the JYD_lrm missile is a little too powerful, it is too tempting compared to the same level missiles, would you consider balancing it.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 15, 2022, 07:12:26 AM »

Another point, the JYD_lrm missile is a little too powerful, it is too tempting compared to the same level missiles, would you consider balancing it.
TY for the idea, I have only gone over ships and descriptions so far and hadn't gotten to weapons yet in my issue finding for the next update.

The Drill LRM is intended to be an explosive variant of the Pilum LRM Launcher, at least that was my initial vision. No idea why I set it to 9k range, must have been a typo idk I designed it 11 months ago. Looking it over I agree it is a little OP and I'll give it an overhaul for the next patch. Once thing I want to keep is the 7 OP as that is it's primary selling point as a medium missile.

Ty yet again, this is becoming a habit (a welcome one) :)

bigwheel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 15, 2022, 04:00:20 PM »

I can also confirm the Reflective Armor fix works.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 1.96 - 06/16/22
« Reply #265 on: June 16, 2022, 01:59:51 PM »

v1.96 released today - Save Compatible with 1.95

Changelog on the forum OP and in the RAR has the details but in brief, I fixed all the issues that have cropped up since 1.95 based on player feedback - TY so much Cookein, Usgiyi, AKAJIA, and Bigwheel for all your helpful insights. Added a new medium energy PD weapon, the Particle Streamer - Essentially a medium version of the Particle Emitter and updated the graphic for the Loyal by sharpening the outlines and embedding proper weapon mounts as seen below:

Enjoy!

5ColouredWalker

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 01, 2022, 09:48:13 PM »

Trying a JYD run, and very much enjoying it. Overall feels rather good and I absolutely love the ship names. The Blaze weapon line feels too short range, but that's just because energy weapons feel too short range in general :P

That said on the 'actually criticisms' part, the Irksome is incorrectly treated as a Civilian Ship by the game, which while funny because it makes early pirate fleets suicide on you, is very odd since it's as tanky as a destroyer and with Drill LRM/Brawler missiles as standard, which combine an Asteroid Burster Cannon for anti-shield and it's drones means it does really well as a massed slow frigate, and if you have Carters, you start with a free shield  blueprint rather than neading to buy one. [Edit: The same applies to other militarized vessels such as the JYD's Valkirie, who while not great in combat is clearly actually built for it and isn't a civilian ship until you take it into combat and it runs away from Kites like a ***.]

Additionally the Particle Emitter weapon line seems to have too much EMP. For example compare the Phase Emitter and Ion Beam. The Ion beam puts in good work in Vanilla, the Phase Emmiter sacrifices 100su and 3OP for 6x the damage and 13.75x as much emp damage AND better flux stats meaning it goes from 'Interesting Utility' to 'Dedicated Anti-Armor'..
A PD laser is 400 range, 4OP, for 75 damage and 40 Flux, a Particle Emitter gets an extra 100 range, double damage and as much emp as a Ion beam for 70 flux. Honestly as a weapon it's so amazing that on some ships I want throw on PD Prep and use it as a primary. [It's only a want since I can't find enough particle emitters for it.] [Edit: Also, I thought it was suppost to negate engines by being an EMP weapon. It might be worth clarrifying that it has the same anti-movement effectthe Graviton Lance is supposed to have but dialed up. Really noticable at 2-3 on target.]

As for the Drone Fighters all the ships get, they're almost all equipped with Drone Guns being Kinetic Hard Flux instead of Energy Beams. This is astoundingly better than Mining Drones, to the point it's barely worth bringing Kinetics on certain ships since fighters do it all for you.

Lastly before I forget again, the Armored MRM's description is broken, a bunch of the text is replaced with a % at 2 places it seems.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2022, 06:37:28 PM by 5ColouredWalker »

power12359

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 12, 2022, 09:58:16 PM »

You removed the missle autoforge from Loyal but didn't change the description.

darkwarrior1000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 16, 2022, 03:03:34 AM »

I noticed something a little off with the sharp. for whatever reason it's constantly taking hull damage even if its armor hasn't been removed. I'll bump into some random asteroid and take hull damage and get the associated hull damage explosions too. the zoom settings for it are also strange. it looks super big in the fleet screen but when you go to refit it it's really zoomed out.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 07, 2022, 07:55:56 AM »

Hello one and all. I apologize for being MIA for the last couple weeks. I was on a two week vacation (which I believed I mentioned in the CFT thread) and when I got back I was so overloaded with work that I had no time for play. I truly appreciate all the thoughts and ideas given to all my mods in my absence and I *should* be able to start working on updates by the weekend. I will be starting with changes to Hiver Swarm and working my way to the other two faction mods as well as some ideas for Ore Refinery (no ETA on those just know they are on my to-do list)

I will give more detailed feedback once I have time to go through all the replies on all my mods and get back to you all.

Thank you,
Dazs
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 30