Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.97a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 3.1.0 - 04/13/24 - Yet another sprite update  (Read 208818 times)

CrimsonPhalanx

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Junk Yard Dogs - V0.85 - 11/21/21
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2021, 11:30:48 AM »

The flames for the thruster in the Continental Class Battleship are horribly misaligned in my game, with both trios of fire starting from the left thruster group and extending to space.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Junk Yard Dogs - V0.85 - 11/21/21
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2021, 12:10:13 PM »

Ty I had noticed that and a couple other misalignments, it'll be fixed in the next release.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Junk Yard Dogs - V0.90 - 11/25/21
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2021, 04:04:30 PM »

v0.90 Released today - Happy Thanksgiving all!

Some bug fixes, a couple buffs , a couple nerfs and a new ship - See changelog on OP or in game files for details.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Junk Yard Dogs - V0.90.a - 11/26/21
« Reply #93 on: November 26, 2021, 02:51:50 AM »

v0.9.a oopsie hotfix edition released - see changelog

exuvo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Junk Yard Dogs - V0.90.a - 11/26/21
« Reply #94 on: December 02, 2021, 11:04:55 PM »

Fails to load on linux due to case sensitive file system: Error loading [graphics/JYD/portraits/Commander.png] resource. The actual file is named commander.png with a lowercase c. I just renamed it with capital C and it loads but you might want to fix it for the next release.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Junk Yard Dogs - V0.90.b - 12/03/21
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2021, 02:13:31 AM »

Fails to load on linux due to case sensitive file system: Error loading [graphics/JYD/portraits/Commander.png] resource. The actual file is named commander.png with a lowercase c. I just renamed it with capital C and it loads but you might want to fix it for the next release.

Ah those little errors just sneak up on me lol. Just uploaded a fixed version, thank you so much for the heads up!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V1.0 - 12/13/21
« Reply #96 on: December 13, 2021, 04:41:44 AM »

v1.0 released today

Mainly some changes to ensure compatibility with 0.95.1a and a couple fine tuning adjustments, the op changelog has details.

I feel the mod is 1.0 bug tested and working as intended. I still have a couple ideas for the mod which I will work on once I am done tweaking Hiver Swarm and I am always gratefully interested in ideas/suggestions so please keep them coming!

Mosterdzaadje

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2021, 09:07:04 AM »

Hello,

It seems I have a problem loading this mod, I'm getting a Fatal: Duplicate key error.
Spoiler
8490 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Duplicate key [CHM_JYD | ] while loading [data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv from [/home/****/Games Linux/Starsector Updated/./mods/Junk Yard Dogs]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Duplicate key [CHM_JYD | ] while loading [data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv from [/home/****/Games Linux/Starsector Updated/./mods/Junk Yard Dogs]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils.new(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]

I'm using Linux and am a complete novice when it come to Linux, so I'm unsure about what it is that's exactly happening, although I am quite certain that it is only this mod that is causing some trouble. The previous version of the mod works fine.

Maybe you or someone else knows what's up? Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 09:24:12 AM by HandsofCicero »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2021, 12:58:56 PM »

v1.0 released today
Mainly some changes to ensure compatibility with 0.95.1a and a couple fine tuning adjustments, the op changelog has details.
I feel the mod is 1.0 bug tested and working as intended. I still have a couple ideas for the mod which I will work on once I am done tweaking Hiver Swarm and I am always gratefully interested in ideas/suggestions so please keep them coming!

IDK if you already saw this, but you made this guys Top Ten, gratz!
Kokoplays MB : TOP 10 AWESOME Starsector Mods You HAVE to Play Before 2021 Ends

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2021, 01:29:17 PM »

Hello,

It seems I have a problem loading this mod, I'm getting a Fatal: Duplicate key error.
Spoiler
8490 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Duplicate key [CHM_JYD | ] while loading [data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv from [/home/****/Games Linux/Starsector Updated/./mods/Junk Yard Dogs]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Duplicate key [CHM_JYD | ] while loading [data/hullmods/hull_mods.csv from [/home/****/Games Linux/Starsector Updated/./mods/Junk Yard Dogs]
[close]

I'm using Linux and am a complete novice when it come to Linux, so I'm unsure about what it is that's exactly happening, although I am quite certain that it is only this mod that is causing some trouble. The previous version of the mod works fine.

I am at a lost here because the log states it is a problem with the JYD commission hullmod which was not part of the changes from the previous version. Had you deleted the previous version before installing the current one?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2021, 01:39:42 PM »

v1.0 released today

IDK if you already saw this, but you made this guys Top Ten, gratz!
Kokoplays MB : TOP 10 AWESOME Starsector Mods You HAVE to Play Before 2021 Ends

I had no idea thank you so much for letting me know. His take on the mod is spot on for what I was going for!

Mosterdzaadje

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 14, 2021, 02:03:12 AM »

Hello,

Spoiler
[close]

I am at a lost here because the log states it is a problem with the JYD commission hullmod which was not part of the changes from the previous version. Had you deleted the previous version before installing the current one?

Well, it was a problem on my end. For some strange reason the files got corrupted each time they were downloaded, some of the .json files were garbled. Restarting Linux and downloading it once again solved it. Sorry to take your time!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 14, 2021, 03:26:24 AM »

Not a problem, glad to hear it. I was a bit concerned because I had just done a Linux pass on the mod lol. I am happy you were able to figure it out.

Enjoy!

Allafif

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 20, 2021, 03:13:41 PM »

Maybe PD Pep should only be for kinetics, or mining lasers, or faction PD? It gives LR PD more range than tactical lasers. I'm using the command carrier as my flagship and no frigate or destroyer is willing to get close to all those beams.

I like all the capital support ships, but it strangely feels weird that the warships are that good? I do wonder how JYD could afford to design and build so many. I think it'd make the faction stand out more if the capitals were MacGyvered from salvaging other factions' ships. Worse than Onslaughts and Paragons, but with lowered deployment costs so you feel ok deploying them in more skirmishes.

But that's just like my opinion man. Great mod, love to be in a blue collar miner/prospector union. Very good dogs.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V1.1 - 12/20/21
« Reply #104 on: December 20, 2021, 04:17:36 PM »

v1.1 released today - see changelog for details

Maybe PD Pep should only be for kinetics, or mining lasers, or faction PD? It gives LR PD more range than tactical lasers. I'm using the command carrier as my flagship and no frigate or destroyer is willing to get close to all those beams.

I like all the capital support ships, but it strangely feels weird that the warships are that good? I do wonder how JYD could afford to design and build so many. I think it'd make the faction stand out more if the capitals were MacGyvered from salvaging other factions' ships. Worse than Onslaughts and Paragons, but with lowered deployment costs so you feel ok deploying them in more skirmishes.

But that's just like my opinion man. Great mod, love to be in a blue collar miner/prospector union. Very good dogs.

That's some good feedback, thank you for the kind words. I find it funny that every time I am about to post an update someone has a comment heh. I did make all the hullmods faction specific this update but PD weapons are a hard coded class and I would be unable to make PD pep ballistic only.

I originally went with all utility type ships in the mod but found that by mid to late game my fleets were just getting wiped out if I kept them JYD ship only so I added the ships with umph later to compensate. I did try to make them comparable but slightly less powerful than other faction mods capitals that are also Nexlerin buffed. However they would be more powerful next to Vanilla ships like the Paragon but I can give them another pass for the next update though. OH and in this update I added a new capital class logistics ship that is all buffs with minimal firepower so that may appeal :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31