Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30

Author Topic: [0.97a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 2.9.3 - 03/10/24  (Read 201573 times)

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

Take it from me, dont let your goals with the game make it unenjoyable.  I've made that mistake before.

I have to check the stats but theres one ship that seems too fast for its class; I'll get back to you as soon as I can: depending on the other stats it may be that the speed is warranted.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

After reading your comments I looked over the ships and yes there are areas that I felt due to the class of ship, adding more weapons would be op. I will work on either upgrading the class of the worst offenders and adding more weapons or removing those hard point and turret sprites.

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Starsector was about to launch, then it closed and this showed up:

Fatal: Error loading [data.scripts.JYDModPlugin]
Cause: 1 error(s) while compiling unit
"data/scripts/worlds/systems/JYD_dogstar.java"
Check starsector.log for more info.

Then, I checked starsector.log to find this:

471332 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.JYDmodPlugin]
java.lang.RuntimeException: Error loading [data.scripts.JYDmodPlugin]
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.scripts.ScriptStore$3.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 1 error(s) while compiling unit "data/scripts/world/systems/JYD_dogstar.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
   ... 2 more
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: 1 error(s) while compiling unit "data/scripts/world/systems/JYD_dogstar.java"
   at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:326)
   at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:224)
   ... 5 more

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thank you for the report. I was just about to upload a new version with some changes but I looked over dogstar.java on my end and I see no issues with the databases I am importing. They are mostly from the game's core with a couple calling base Java commands.

I will look into it more before posting today's update and see if it is something I am referencing outside the base norm like one of the libs. I do use GraphicsLib and LazyLib on my testing version of the game but that is so I can run the other mods I am testing it against. I do not think I am calling on them in my mod but I am no expert, do you have those libs installed?

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

I have all libs intalled

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

Possibly a conflict with another mod.

If you go to the mods folder you will find a text file that has the actively enabled mods written in it.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I figured it out after going through all my calls. Not to go all TLDR but essentially I was calling for a script that I did have in my mod but accidently in an incorrect directory. I was not seeing it on my end because another mod that loads before mine was correctly calling it and covering for my oopsie:)

Anyway, It is fixed and now runs only with the stated dependencies on the OP. I will have a new version with the fix and several changes that 6chad.noirlee9 suggested in about an hour or so.

Thank you both for your help and understanding as I learn!

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

Very good!  I don't have much knowledge just some basic understanding I got from playing around with values back when fate first came out (an old java rpg) when I was a kid and of course the insane level of mods that i run in my campaigns.

The build i have now is lighter than before but I'd be willing to bet it's still nearing or maybe more than 100 active.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

V0.35 just uploaded:
@6chad.noirlee9 - Check it out and let me know if the sprite changes I made were in line with your suggestions.
@Arthur_The_Ok - I put in a fix that should fix your issue, please let me know if you are still having problems.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

Is this version save compatible?

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I ran it with a save I made before these changes and it loaded with no issue. The only thing I can think of that there may be an issue if you had a Courageous carrier in your fleet since I changed the model but did not have one in my save's inventory. I am sort of assuming you and I both had the same faction mod that covered up my filing boo boo but Arthur_The_Ok did not.

If you are concerned then save your current 0.30 version, move it to another directory outside of the mod folder as a temp holding then replace it with the 0.35 version and try. If the new 0.35 works with your old save made in 0.30 (it should) then Voila keep it and delete the older version. I keep backups of previous versions in my google drive and can always send you one as well if you need.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

Test run will have to wait a bit sadly as I'm having one drive issues
I had hoped it would work a way that it isnt so I've got to move files again, and besides that I'm a bit busy reorganizing my living space.
Stoked to check it out though

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

np, the next update may take a bit as I am trying something new. Thank you for the help and look forward to working with you in the future.

Deageon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Okay, so I want to point out that this mod crashes if you try to use it with the new "Bounties Expanded" mod from the discord, which is slowly gaining the functions of Vayra's Sector (including HVBs)
This is because I believe the portrait for "Lady Mississippi" is bugged, 'cause the name for it in the excel sheet has an excess space before the underscore, causing a crash.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Ah I haven't tried out that mod for compatibility. I can change the name, it is just a reference I can shorten.

Thank you for the call out
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 30