Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: [0.97a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 3.1.0 - 04/13/24 - Yet another sprite update  (Read 208800 times)

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 2.2 - 11/12/22
« Reply #315 on: November 12, 2022, 11:29:00 AM »

v2.2 released today - Save Game compatible with v 2.1 - Note: If you have a Cute or Lean in your fleet they will need to be re-armed

Some graphic touchups, code fixes, a new ship system for the Rambunctious and fixed several initial release noob mistakes :)
Changelog on the forum OP and in the RAR has all the details

@balordezul - It took me a couple months but I finally figured out a ramming system for the Rambunctious!

edixo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: November 25, 2022, 12:37:28 AM »

Idea: Make the Junkyard Resource Forge able to use a Catalytic Converter. Ko Combine adds Shipbreaking Center to Agreus that can use the Catalytic Converter. Why shouldn't JYD be able to do that as well?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 12:43:28 AM by edixo »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: November 25, 2022, 04:18:40 AM »

Idea: Make the Junkyard Resource Forge able to use a Catalytic Converter. Ko Combine adds Shipbreaking Center to Agreus that can use the Catalytic Converter. Why shouldn't JYD be able to do that as well?
Wow a triple mod reply morning, black Friday indeed! :)  I do not currently have that installed but I'll get it and look into it. My guess is that they have a custom code which I would not want to duplicate but it would give me some ideas for sure. Thank you pointing me in that direction!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 2.3 - The great JYD nerfing edition 01/14/23
« Reply #318 on: January 14, 2023, 05:26:55 AM »

V 2.3 released today - NOT save compatible - New game required due to removed/changed content

The core to the update is that all but two of the hull mods have been moved to a separate mod - Carter's Junk Hull Mods - the link to which can be found in my forum signature.

JYD is my first mod and essentially I believe now that I am more seasoned that I may have gone overboard with the ship power levels. By stripping out all the former JYD hull mods the power level of their NPC fleets drops. I left the variants that I removed hull mods from with open OP which allows the player to decide if they want those mods or not rather than me forcing my vision on them. I state my reasons in more depth for this change there so if you would like to know why I made this move look there.

Changelog on the forum OP and in the RAR has all the details

REC_Monika

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: January 15, 2023, 01:17:46 PM »

hello , i have a problem with my brain , i saw a new version of JYD in game , so i downloaded instantly wifout reading anything (2.3 , i had 2.2) put it right in the mods folder , deleting the 2.2 and starsector was like nah this *** aint compatibile go get the 2.2 versione idiot the problem is i DO NOT have it yep , no back up or anything and i cant bring it back from the bin cause i keep my games on my D: drive and i cant find any archives (even tried the wayback machine) can anyone help my 2 braincells decide what shoud i do

P.S i like cats

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: January 15, 2023, 02:34:50 PM »

hello , i have a problem with my brain , i saw a new version of JYD in game , so i downloaded instantly wifout reading anything (2.3 , i had 2.2) put it right in the mods folder , deleting the 2.2 and starsector was like nah this *** aint compatibile go get the 2.2 versione idiot the problem is i DO NOT have it yep , no back up or anything and i cant bring it back from the bin cause i keep my games on my D: drive and i cant find any archives (even tried the wayback machine) can anyone help my 2 braincells decide what shoud i do
First off, just wanted to say the unexpected use of comic sans gave me a smile. Don't beat yourself up, I am sure you aren't the only one with this issue. Attached to this reply is a link to a 2.2 version I uploaded to dropbox that you (+whoever else may need it) can use to finish out your game. Just be aware that future updates of JYD will have all the 2.3 changes.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlxb7av204zwtdf/Junk%20Yard%20Dogs%202.2.rar?dl=0
P.S i like cats [/font]
That's ok, we may be junkyard dogs but cat's are ok too :)

darkwarrior1000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: January 19, 2023, 06:56:44 AM »

Hey remember all that trouble with bounties not loading and all? Well, I found some interesting stuff while looking through the log.

Code
450316 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant]
450317 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.util.MagicCampaign  - could not load ship variant at data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant
450317 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Missing fleet_preset_ships variant 'kite_Interceptor' from bounty jyd_speedball_trucker_hvb. Bounty is INVALID!

450318 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant]
450321 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.util.MagicCampaign  - could not load ship variant at data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant
450321 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Missing fleet_preset_ships variant 'kite_Interceptor' from bounty jyd_rapid_roy_hvb. Bounty is INVALID!

450321 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant]
450323 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.util.MagicCampaign  - could not load ship variant at data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant
450323 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Missing fleet_preset_ships variant 'kite_Interceptor' from bounty jyd_lady_m_hvb. Bounty is INVALID!

450326 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant]
450328 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.util.MagicCampaign  - could not load ship variant at data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant
450328 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Missing fleet_preset_ships variant 'kite_Interceptor' from bounty jyd_operator_hvb. Bounty is INVALID!

450328 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant]
450330 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.util.MagicCampaign  - could not load ship variant at data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant
450331 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Missing fleet_preset_ships variant 'kite_Interceptor' from bounty jyd_treetop_lover_hvb. Bounty is INVALID!

450331 [Thread-3] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant]
450332 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.util.MagicCampaign  - could not load ship variant at data/config/modFiles/magicBounty_variants/kite_Interceptor.variant
450333 [Thread-3] INFO  data.scripts.bounty.MagicBountyCoordinator  - Missing fleet_preset_ships variant 'kite_Interceptor' from bounty jyd_roller_derby_hvb. Bounty is INVALID!
Notably, this error is NOT PRESENT for any of the bounties I do see whenever I play. Ones like Leroy Brown and Nameless. This shed any light on the problem?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 07:12:16 AM by darkwarrior1000 »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: January 19, 2023, 07:14:39 AM »

Indeed it does, thank you so much for the detective work. Apparently even though the variant file is kite_Interceptor.variant inside the file it states     "variantId": "kite_hegemony_Interceptor" - This is the first time I have come across the file name and variant Id being different. It probably exists elsewhere but it is uncommon and shame on me for judging a file by it's cover :)

I will go through the bounties and update them with an appropriate pirate frigate replacement for the next patch. I am sort of working concurrently on JYD, CFT and CJHD patches at the moment but I'll get JYD out first since this is a code error and potential crash issue. So look forward to an update later today for this along with a couple things I have already done that was meant for a larger patch, may as well include them since the work is already done.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 2.4 - 01/19/23
« Reply #323 on: January 19, 2023, 05:15:55 PM »

V2.4 released today - Save Compatible with v2.3

Small update that fixes some JYD bounties, a new mining drone and some changes to the Obedient, Endurance and Curious. Changelog posted on the forum OP and in the RAR has the details.

MVP of this update is darkwarrior1000 for his constant vigilance in helping me get JYD bounties correct!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 2.4 - 01/25/23
« Reply #324 on: January 25, 2023, 09:42:48 AM »

v2.5 - Save Compatible with v2.4 but you may need to re-equip the changed ships if you have them in your fleet

Changed the stats of several JYD weapons for balance reasons, fixed some grammatical mistakes in the ship and weapon descriptions, buffed up several variant loadouts and cleaned up the ship image for the Sharp. A special thank you to Madbadger2 for all their help in theory crafting and testing the weapon changes.

Changelog in the RAR and on the forum OP has all the details

(image below is the old version of the Sharp on the left, current version on the right)

darkwarrior1000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 2.5 - 01/25/23
« Reply #325 on: January 25, 2023, 09:51:27 PM »

might want to give the bounty flagships a once over to check for boundary issues. I noticed it on the sixfootfour and others might have it too.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: January 26, 2023, 03:31:56 AM »

might want to give the bounty flagships a once over to check for boundary issues. I noticed it on the sixfootfour and others might have it too.
Good morning! I loaded the Sixfootfour into the editor and the boundary lines are outside the sprite pixels that I can see. What kind of issues are you seeing on your end? I had just gone though all the ships two patches back and checked them all so I am fairly confident they are correct but I'll give them another look see later today.

darkwarrior1000

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: January 27, 2023, 02:02:55 PM »

It's similar to issues I've had before with the sharp: taking hull damage despite still having armor.

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: January 27, 2023, 03:05:48 PM »

It's similar to issues I've had before with the sharp: taking hull damage despite still having armor.
OK, thank you for the update. I'll look into it tomorrow and do some testing and if I find an issue I'll release a quick hotfix for it

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Junk Yard Dogs - V 2.6 - 02/23/23
« Reply #329 on: February 23, 2023, 03:01:50 PM »

v2.6 released today -Save Compatible with v2.5 but you may need to re-equip the changed ships if you have them in your fleet   

Many player suggested modifications that I have thanked in the changelog but I wanted to give a big ole thank you to Madbadger2 for helping me beta test and theory craft. Modified all the dedicated carriers to no longer have built in drones, fixed some mistakes, modified some ships, modified the JYD missiles and added a direct download link (no more Google re-direct).

All the details (and numerous thanks) can be found in the changelog on the forum OP and in the RAR.

Note to Kendris, the *** Knight - apparently the mod forum takes issue with your preferred title and blocks it. :(
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31