Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: [0.97a] AI-Retrofits  (Read 147729 times)

Lethice

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] AI-Retrofits
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2024, 11:34:13 AM »

The +100% increase in supply cost on retrofitting a ship seems a bit.. extreme? would it be possible to either tone it down or add that as a configurable number?

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2024, 11:50:19 AM »

Unfortunately it didn't seem to work for me.  I deleted the previous mod folder and used the experimental one but the growth rate still was NaN.  I let it go for a few months and even changed the population back to humans and then did it again to change it back to robots but the growth was still NaN.  I wish I had something more useful to report.   :-[
well, ts useful data at least. knowing what works gives hints on what i should do. I really was hoping it would work though.
If you are willing, please give me the mod list you were using when you started to get this growth error. Hopefully some hints lie there.
also, as a question: when you changed the population back to humans, was the populations growth still NaN? or was did it fix itself, then break again when you turned the population into a robotic one?
also, im sorry it took me so long to respond. i was doing nothing, but in a way that's a good excuse for taking so long to respond.

Oh no worries at all!  The population growth did go back to normal once I converted the colony back to human but returned to NaN when I converted it back again.  I just grew my colony size with a human population to the cap and then converted it.  Here's the list of my mods that I have activated:

Spoiler
"enabledMods": [
  "yunruLooseFiles",
  "yunruindustries",
  "$$$_lightshow_nc",
  "pantera_ANewLevel20",
  "AI-Retrofits",
  "advanced_gunnery_control_dbeaa06e",
  "A_S-F",
  "Cryo_but_better",
  "aod_core",
  "apex_design",
  "badgesector",
  "HMI_brighton",
  "ORK",
  "combatactivators",
  "chatter",
  "timid_commissioned_hull_mods",
  "aaacrew_replacer",
  "edshipyard",
  "EmergentThreats_Vice",
  "EmergentThreats_IX_Revival",
  "exoticatechnologies",
  "fast_engine_rendering",
  "GrandColonies",
  "HMI_SV",
  "HMI",
  "hte",
  "immersionFriendlyPortraitPack",
  "IndEvo",
  "Imperium",
  "timid_xiv",
  "kyeltziv",
  "lost_sector",
  "LTA",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "ArkLeg",
  "logisticsNotifications",
  "lunalib",
  "exshippack",
  "MagicLib",
  "Mayasuran Navy",
  "nexerelin",
  "pt_qolpack",
  "assortment_of_things",
  "roider",
  "scalartech",
  "shadow_ships",
  "swp",
  "sun_starship_legends",
  "tahlan",
  "Terraforming & Station Construction",
  "star_federation",
  "timid_tmi",
  "TTSC",
  "yunru_ttp",
  "TrulyAutomatedShips",
  "underworld",
  "vic",
  "vanidad",
  "vayrashippack",
  "which_industry",
  "whichmod",
  "yunru_arsenal",
  "yunru_cunt",
  "yunru_ht",
  "yunruhullmods",
  "yunru_midline_expansion",
  "yunru_ose",
  "yunru_pirate_collection",
  "yunruworlds",
  "yunrucore",
  "aaamarketRetrofits",
  "prvExtra",
  "prvPath",
  "prv",
  "shaderLib",
  "yunruHullModsLib"
]
[close]
thank you for the info, hopefully this helps me fix the things in the future. It might be a while however.

The +100% increase in supply cost on retrofitting a ship seems a bit.. extreme? would it be possible to either tone it down or add that as a configurable number?
the increase to supply cost is configurable. to change it go into your starsector's mod folder, then AIRetrofits/config/settings.JSON and look up 'SUPPLY_USE_MULT'. there are 5? values that have this in its name, and they are all for the supply use increase with different variants of the AI-Retrofits hull mod.
If my explanation made no sense, just tell me and i will provide farther information. my explanations suck right now.

mark.sucka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 04, 2024, 09:23:17 AM »

If you're making future updates, something has been on my mind that I thought might be a fun, lore friendly addition.

In vanilla, an Alpha core is a level 5/6 officer (depending on integrated or not) with all elite skills, a Beta is a level 4/5, and a Gamma is a level 3/4.

With AIRetrofits, a player with the AI skill can convert a subcore node into a level 1 officer to use in human ships.  But what if they could just use it like that, as is, for AI ships?  As a level 1 elite skill officer for AI ships, one that doesn't add any multiplier to DP value for the Automated Ships skill limit.  Could be useful early game, as a measure to get +15% CR from combat endurance for most AI ships before you get Support Doctrine, some extra missiles for sentries, adding point defense on wardens/pickets to make machine gun supporters, etc.

Even late game, if you pick up Support Doctrine, you'd have to weigh the benefits/cons of 3 fixed basic skills on your AI ships versus 1 flexible elite skill.

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2024, 02:29:17 PM »

If you're making future updates, something has been on my mind that I thought might be a fun, lore friendly addition.

In vanilla, an Alpha core is a level 5/6 officer (depending on integrated or not) with all elite skills, a Beta is a level 4/5, and a Gamma is a level 3/4.

With AIRetrofits, a player with the AI skill can convert a subcore node into a level 1 officer to use in human ships.  But what if they could just use it like that, as is, for AI ships?  As a level 1 elite skill officer for AI ships, one that doesn't add any multiplier to DP value for the Automated Ships skill limit.  Could be useful early game, as a measure to get +15% CR from combat endurance for most AI ships before you get Support Doctrine, some extra missiles for sentries, adding point defense on wardens/pickets to make machine gun supporters, etc.

Even late game, if you pick up Support Doctrine, you'd have to weigh the benefits/cons of 3 fixed basic skills on your AI ships versus 1 flexible elite skill.
I am going to continue to update this mod, there is a few things I need to do before I consider it to be 'complete' still.
I have thought about letting the command node act as a level 1 officer for automated ships, but I didn't know how to do so at the time (I still don't, tbh, but I think I know how to learn), so I shelfed that idea. maybe someday I will get back to it and add such a thing. but for now, its one of many 'missing features' (as far as I'm concerned) from this mod.
thank you for the suggestions and advice. I enjoy suggestions and advice.

InquisitiveWalnut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] AI-Retrofits
« Reply #79 on: March 10, 2024, 10:37:38 AM »

Is there any way I could START as an AI?

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 10, 2024, 12:28:56 PM »

I am not 100% sure what you mean.
if you mean starting as like, a AI core that can fly only automated ships, I have no idea.
if you mean, is there a way to have access to the features this mod adds from the start (like the AI-Retrofit hullmod and the robot forge system) then yes, yes there is.
simple go to the \data\config folder in your AIRetrofits mod folder, and open the settings.json with notepad or some other text editor. then find the following line: (this should be the 13th line down, but i might have changed it)
"AIRetrofit_alwaysGiveSkillsAndHullmods": false,
and change the 'false' for a 'true'.
from there, in any save you play, you will get the AI-Retrofits hullmod, the robot forge hullmod, and the robot forge ability, the moment you visit any market, provided you don't already have them
I hope this helped. if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them.

InquisitiveWalnut

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 10, 2024, 12:51:43 PM »

I am not 100% sure what you mean.
if you mean starting as like, a AI core that can fly only automated ships, I have no idea.
if you mean, is there a way to have access to the features this mod adds from the start (like the AI-Retrofit hullmod and the robot forge system) then yes, yes there is.
simple go to the \data\config folder in your AIRetrofits mod folder, and open the settings.json with notepad or some other text editor. then find the following line: (this should be the 13th line down, but i might have changed it)
"AIRetrofit_alwaysGiveSkillsAndHullmods": false,
and change the 'false' for a 'true'.
from there, in any save you play, you will get the AI-Retrofits hullmod, the robot forge hullmod, and the robot forge ability, the moment you visit any market, provided you don't already have them
I hope this helped. if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them.
The 'be an AI core' part I can do with other mods, thanks.

Crywolf641

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2024, 01:43:35 AM »

Been stumped for a while now... How do you get Sub Command nodes?
"officerMaxLevel":12,
"officerAIMax":16,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":20
"crewSalary":10,
"marineSalary":20
"officerSalaryBase":200
"officerSalaryPerLevel":100
"baseMaxOutposts":20,
"baseMaxAdmins":20,
"maxIndustries":[2,3,4,6,8,9,10,12,13,14],
"maxColonySize":10,
"maxCampaignZoom":3.0,
"maxCombatZoom":3.0,
"officerMaxLevel":10,
"officerMaxEliteSkills":5,
"maxContacts":20,
"maxBattleSize"

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2024, 09:36:26 AM »

Been stumped for a while now... How do you get Sub Command nodes?
when you use the 'automated robotic drone factory ability' (after you find the related hullmod, or get the 'automated ships skill', or edit the config to start with it) it should be the 4th option, to produce sub command nodes.
you can also get a industry that can produce them, but only with the special markets that this mod adds, that um, require sub command nodes to build.
If my awenser was unclear in any way (or if your game is not showing the 'create sub command node' option), please tell me, and i will help you find out what's going on.

kamikazenojihadist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 14, 2024, 01:04:04 AM »

Does salvage drone amount increase salvage drop?

alaricdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 14, 2024, 08:08:13 AM »

Does salvage drone amount increase salvage drop?
No. They simply act as crew for salvage operations
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]