Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What would you like to see in Blackrock?

More ships
- 757 (23.6%)
More weapons
- 483 (15.1%)
More campaign features
- 481 (15%)
Space monsters
- 707 (22.1%)
More lore
- 209 (6.5%)
More music
- 132 (4.1%)
More portraits
- 157 (4.9%)
Subfactions
- 278 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 1430

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209]

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards  (Read 1802884 times)

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Blackrock Drive Yards
« Reply #3120 on: March 25, 2024, 09:32:03 PM »

Could someone be so kind and share the upload links here? Discord is awful and I've sworn not to touch it.  ;)

Brainwright

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: March 25, 2024, 10:57:33 PM »

Here you go.

Most of the weapons are a bit weak, but the ships themselves aren't bad.  Can't be sure if I'm just not using the hullmods right.

Schwartz

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: March 25, 2024, 11:14:23 PM »

Cheers! It's an older mod so it may be slightly under-tuned by mod standards. But some of the weapons really stand out, like the Blackrock version of the Burst PD, or the Kinetic Dumbfire Missiles.

RyokenMK

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: March 27, 2024, 04:55:23 PM »

Here you go.

Most of the weapons are a bit weak, but the ships themselves aren't bad.  Can't be sure if I'm just not using the hullmods right.

My game is saying this can't be used in .97, any idea what's going on with that?

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: March 27, 2024, 05:03:33 PM »

That's because, as Brainwright said on the previous page, it's still on 0.96. You need to go in the mod's folder, search for a file called "mod_info.json", open it with a text editor like Notepad++ and manually change the game version to the current one.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3125 on: March 27, 2024, 06:01:57 PM »

Cheers! It's an older mod so it may be slightly under-tuned by mod standards. But some of the weapons really stand out, like the Blackrock version of the Burst PD, or the Kinetic Dumbfire Missiles.

Does that mean it's pretty balanced in regards to vanilla Starsector?

ProdigyToby

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3126 on: March 28, 2024, 03:43:56 AM »

I still use this mod, and I can say from experience the arsenal is quite mixed in terms of strength in one way or another.  On one end, things like the ferrogun or shredder battery weapons are kind of underwhelming now compared to vanilla options, and on the other end the shard series of weapons is kind of overpowered.  The shard weapons are kinetic weapons that do bonus damage to hull, so most of the time you don't need weaponry specifically designed for destroying hull or armor.  You can basically put shard weaponry on everything and it will perform well.  The missiles are middle of the road.  The factions version of salamander is slightly better than the vanilla salamander IMO, meanwhile the missile that splits into 5 projectiles (cant remember its name atm) is kind of underwhelming.  Voidspear is a good generic DPS energy missile, comparable with vanilla options. Its a mix of good and bad atm IMO.

The main issue with the faction is the ships themselves are very fragile and need alot of investment.  They are still some of the best looking modded ships to ever come out for this game though.  I don't know the status of this mod, but I wish Cycerin would come back and finish this mod, its eternally one of my all time favorites.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 03:48:01 AM by ProdigyToby »

BFEL

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3127 on: March 28, 2024, 07:00:26 AM »

I've found pretty much the exact opposite in terms of the equipment.
I.E. I love the Ferroguns and throw them on anything that will take them, while have basically ignored the shard stuff.

ProdigyToby

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: March 28, 2024, 07:18:06 AM »

I've found pretty much the exact opposite in terms of the equipment.
I.E. I love the Ferroguns and throw them on anything that will take them, while have basically ignored the shard stuff.

If its in that Ferrogun range, I might use them too because they are flux effecient.  If im building fire support though I'd prefer gauss cannon since its the same OP cost but it has 1200 base range.  I don't think they are terrible but like I said, alittle underwhelming compared to the vanilla options in my experience.

That burst PD though, lol.  Id put that in a medium slot for PD it's so good.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2024, 07:19:54 AM by ProdigyToby »

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: April 07, 2024, 04:08:11 PM »

Does that mean it's pretty balanced in regards to vanilla Starsector?

It means it's a bit all over the place. The last truly substantive balance pass was made in .91, with some minor adjustments in .95. So the mod hasn't kept up with some of the changes in .96 and .97, and so the balance might be a bit weird compared to .97 Starsector, going in several ways.

Steampunkgears

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3130 on: April 14, 2024, 04:45:39 AM »

Getting back into the game again and always swing by here to see my favorite mod. Always felt like BRDY broke the creativity barrier in my humble opinion and has always been apart of my runs.
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209]