Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Permanantly remove Luddic Path?  (Read 4144 times)

OrangeBlueHue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Permanantly remove Luddic Path?
« on: October 14, 2021, 12:33:08 PM »

I am aware that you can hold yourself under a certain threshold of points to avoid sleepers, but that is not how I want to play the game. Is there a way to permanently remove Luddic Path from the game via gameplay means or through some editing of the code? I find them as an extremely unfun game mechanic and would rather deal with regular disruptions and AI inspections.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Permanantly remove Luddic Path?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2021, 12:36:06 PM »

No for unmodded games.  They are an immortal zombie faction like pirates.

If you want to avoid cells, interest on each of your size 4+ colonies must never be eight or more.  That means no more than one colony item, no hypershunt tap at all, and no alpha core admin.  Some industries add interest too.

OrangeBlueHue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2021, 12:42:28 PM »

Do you have a mod suggestion that removes them? Preferably one that I can add to an existing game?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2021, 12:54:14 PM »

You could just edit data/config/settings.json and set "minInterestForPatherCells" to some high value, say 1000 or so. That should  (I believe? never actually tried it) remove Luddic Path *cells* from all colonies after a few days, though the Luddic Path itself will, of course, remain.

OrangeBlueHue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2021, 01:03:02 PM »

You could just edit data/config/settings.json and set "minInterestForPatherCells" to some high value, say 1000 or so. That should  (I believe? never actually tried it) remove Luddic Path *cells* from all colonies after a few days, though the Luddic Path itself will, of course, remain.

That's exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much for this.

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2021, 02:33:35 PM »

I think the real solution is to make the smugglers for Pather cells actually the Luddic Path faction, instead of them sneaking through willy-nilly as "independents".

Pax_Empyrean

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 09:33:43 AM »

I think the real solution is to make the smugglers for Pather cells actually the Luddic Path faction, instead of them sneaking through willy-nilly as "independents".

I hadn't *** off the Luddic Path yet so I haven't seen them, but they really shouldn't be able to just waltz in as "independents."