Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Games that bring back memories  (Read 4425 times)

pnass

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Games that bring back memories
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2021, 09:27:00 PM »

For me I think Wing Commander 4: Prophecy.
FYI, Prophecy was Wing Commander 5; WC4 was The Price of Freedom, showcasing the downfall of Geoffrey Tolwyn, as portrayed by the magnificent SOB that is Malcolm McDowell...

...and happens to feature Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker Christopher 'Maverick' Blair and Tom Wilson as Biff Tannen Todd 'Maniac' Marshall in the 'starring as' / main character roles.

A typo that I can't change now.... I knew someone would call me out on this.
write erase
reload

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Games that bring back memories
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2021, 06:42:23 AM »

Grand chase(the original), its an outdated game. it was amazing for its time, but suffered from microtransactions and a dwindeling playerbase. it had an amazing soundtrack, fluent controls and a friendly community.
it was a 2d platforming/beat'em up. sadly when KOG released elsword it gutted grand chases's playerbase and it kept getting worse as the game kept being sold to different companies and managed differently.
now its time to complain about KOG :
They ubruptly end the game's server.
Then they hunt down most if not all the private servers of the game.
Then they have the audacity to make a phone game and call it "grand chase" when it's completely different from the original.
And now, they have the balls to re-upload the original grand chase on steam but it's an outdated version with more bugs and less characters saying that they will add "new" characters regularly even tho they already have the files, they're just not releasing everything at once to give the illusion of them actually putting in effort. Worst of all is they gimped the characters so much that you're almost forced to buy the microtranssactions.
rant over
FOR NOW >:C
Pages: 1 [2]