Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Historian mod?  (Read 1151 times)

sicksock

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Historian mod?
« on: October 09, 2021, 06:55:52 PM »

I really like the historian added in 0.95 but find it really tedious having to track him down by randomly checking bars. I checked the mod index and did some googling but couldn't find any mods which help.

I even did some digging in the game files and the closest I got to finding the historian was "campaign.missions.BlueprintIntel" in bar events. I tried messing with the numbers but I have basically no modding experience and nothing seemed to work.

Is there a mod which make him show up more? Or a mod which lets you force him to spawn (perhaps by a colony building or by spending story points)? Or is changing random NPCs behavior not really a thing?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 06:58:04 PM by sicksock »

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: Historian mod?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 06:51:17 AM »

You'll want to replace HistorianBarEvent and HistorianBarEventCreator (though the first isn't strictly needed).
(instructions on how to make a mod to do this not provided)

Bar event creators have a getBarEventFrequencyWeight() method you can override to change their frequency. HistorianBarEvent also has a hardcoded thing in its shouldShowAtMarket method where it has a 50% chance to not appear, so you can remove that.