Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What do you hope to see in 1.0?  (Read 2067 times)

Zonk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: What do you hope to see in 1.0?
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2021, 10:14:01 AM »

I really really enjoyed the Galatia quest line. The missions were fun, enemy fleets interesting, and the writing felt lively and witty. I'd either love to see more scripted content like this, OR a change to the games' internals to make mission-building easier. I am not a coder and it seems that Starsector's existing system for missions is pretty labyrinthian. However, if it was as simple as text file config, I am a professional writer and could easily devote all my Nanowrimo energy to Starsector missions!

I'd also really like to see more control by the player over friendly NPC fleets in battle. It could be configured depending on your relation with that faction even, so that higher relationships lets you pick what ships the friendly NPC fleet deploys. It's very frustrating to be fighting alongside a patrol from one of my colonies which chooses to deploy a bunch of terrible ships instead of a pair of Paragons. Sick of trying to fight off huge raiding fleets and my friendly NPC's deploy so many frigates I can only field 1 ship of my own. Fighting alongside your allies should be smoother and less annoying for sure!

agnar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: What do you hope to see in 1.0?
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2021, 11:21:20 AM »

Passive Income Similar how Mount and Blade does it with Enterprises.
Passive Income in form of contracts, for example it lasts a year, afterwards a quest can trigger that you have to do or this contract expires.

This could help in just roaming the sector without actually being forced to do missions or other stuff.
Pages: 1 [2]