Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Simple Hyperspace routs  (Read 902 times)

Noviastar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Simple Hyperspace routs
« on: October 03, 2021, 03:41:49 PM »

With each map being different and the layout of storms and clouds different.  Mapping open lanes between constellations or stars would be nice.  I have been trying to cut costs and repair on a Iron mode play through.   Now I tend to avoid storms if I can.  But it would be fun to have some kind of map feature where you can draw lines that are in the clear.  See how you might want to plan missions if they fall along a fast corridor. 

Just a simple way to plot hyperspace routs through clear space. 

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Hyperspace routs
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 04:07:15 PM »

If you get the e-burn skill and solar shielding, storm surfing only way to travel.  Which might in fact be the real reason Alex added slipstreams, since storm surfing is kinda actually cheesing the game and its design... otherwise, people have been requesting a waypointing system on the campaign layer for years and instead we get slipstreams.
I wasn't always a Judge...

Jaghaimo

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2021, 01:51:33 AM »

Perhaps you could help me flesh this idea out. Yes, it's a mod (part of my mod, see signature). Yes, it is not exactly what you are asking. But it would still alleviate some of the frustration you are having with hyperspace travel.
The idea is to add a new intel tab for management of waypoints and trips, and have a script that when toggled performs as autopilot:

Spoiler
A new navigation board that allows to add manage and use a quick access list of locations.
Tab 1: Manage locations (add, remove, reorder?), take course, add to trip.
Tab 2: Current trip management, autopilot on/off. On autopilot will go to the first location, then switch to the next one until it arrives at the end. If location is a market, will dock before continuing.
Tab 3: Trip management: load, delete, save trip data.
[close]

Link: https://github.com/jaghaimo/stelnet/issues/63

Kobura

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2021, 08:38:20 AM »

I'm almost a hundred hours into an RC15 and haven't seen a slipstream, are they implemented?

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 11:06:54 AM »

Slipstreams will be in the next version.

Noviastar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 04:56:41 PM »

Oh slip streams.  Sounds fun. 

Melrabo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2021, 08:05:03 AM »

Waypoints are a nice idea and resemble the sea navigation well enough, plotting a safe(r) route and having to change it if there's threats ahead or running low on fuel.

I guess it's difficult to implement ingame, but I'd love to have them.