Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: {Request} Faction Ship Replacer  (Read 781 times)

Dr.Rumba

• Ensign
    • View Profile
{Request} Faction Ship Replacer
« on: September 30, 2021, 05:10:19 PM »

Hello modders, I have an issue that hopefully some talented chad out there can solve. I've been watching a bit too many mech movies and shows and Arma Armatura has really been hitting the sweet spot, but it's a bit sad being the only weeb in the star sector with a mech so I was hoping that I could see these babies a lot more. I don't know scheisse about modding, but I was hoping someone could create or help me create a mod that adds every ship from Arma Armatura, and even some wings from Diable Avionics to the arsenal of all factions in varying amounts but enough to have every faction include at least one mech wing or ship every fleet.

If a framework can be developed so that you can reuse the mod to replace the ships of any faction to a ship of your preference then that's 1000000x better but my request is just for the Arma Armatura ships. Thank you all a billion times in advance for reading or for assisting.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: {Request} Faction Ship Replacer
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2021, 05:00:17 AM »

i wish i could but my chad expertise is not coding
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 01:43:16 AM »

Go to data\world\factions in both armaa and starsector_core, copy the relevant "known fighter wings" entries from Armaa's faction file to the other factions' files.

Aramoro

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 11:11:04 AM »

Go to data\world\factions in both armaa and starsector_core, copy the relevant "known fighter wings" entries from Armaa's faction file to the other factions' files.

The smiling face is right, but u might wanna spend some time on tutorials, and the stasector wiki.

For example, ships don't show up in faction fleets until add them to shiproles.

Not a problem if a mod already does this, but if its meant to be player only, u need to add it.
As for guns, i don't know if u can influence their rarity.