Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Weftin's Ship Pack  (Read 99025 times)

Screech9791

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Weftin's Ship Pack
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2021, 11:44:36 AM »

The Rover gives way too much fuel capacity for something that only costs around 4.5k credits. Could the price be increased to balance it out (or otherwise nerf the logistics so it's no longer overpowered)?

Weftin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2021, 05:25:02 AM »

The Rover gives way too much fuel capacity for something that only costs around 4.5k credits. Could the price be increased to balance it out (or otherwise nerf the logistics so it's no longer overpowered)?

I actually just missed a zero, fix has been released

Neliahawk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2021, 12:47:38 AM »

I actually just missed a zero, fix has been released

now there is a "." missing, that prevents it to be enabled in the mod list :D

LinWasTaken

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2021, 03:44:24 AM »

dude i am LOVING the Churchill Class Battleship, even tho its not my flagship its carrying me in every big fight.
i equipped it with a [REDACTED] large anti shield and [REDACTED] large anti armor weapon, slapped on a Dedicated Targeting Core with the rest of the mounds being PD and now its shreading everything from a distance.

Weftin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2021, 02:15:49 PM »

now there is a "." missing, that prevents it to be enabled in the mod list :D

oops, fixed

Gear

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2021, 08:48:28 AM »

Hey hey, on the Covenanter, the front left weapon mount is considered a turret instead of a hardpoint and i'm guessing that's not suppose to be the case  ;D

Phoenixheart

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 27, 2021, 03:47:12 PM »

The Cromwell seems way too strong for a 32 DP capital ship, is that an oversight? Generally the only capitals under 40 DP are budget capitals like the Atlas II and other under-performing ships for their class (but efficient for their pricetag)

https://i.imgur.com/Vhhl9xN.png (screenshot of stats)

*EDIT* The Churchill seems similarly overly-strong for it's 45 DP cost, with a base of 1500 flux dissipation and very heavy armor

https://i.imgur.com/zNU8Wqu.png
« Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 03:49:14 PM by Phoenixheart »

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2022, 02:39:33 PM »

So, I thought I'd toss out a few things that I've noticed.  Part is going to mirror some of the OP comments above (with caveats), but I'm also noticing that a lot of the other ships are pretty severely underpowered.

Yes, some of the bigger ships are OP, which is to say 'Elite-tier'.  You might consider a split like many other mods where they have a Special Division that has better ships, and then the Civilian versions.

Most of the other Med, and especially Small ships seem to lack flux dissipation and capacity.  While I haven't crunched the numbers, I keep comparing these ships to other more established Modded fleets (Imperium, Apex, Dissault, Diable, to name a few) and sadly, I keep passing them up over and over again.  That doesn't mean they suck, it just means that in that class there seems to ALWAYS be several ships that shine more.

SO!  ^__^  I have a suggestion!
Make really good merchant ships.

Just gonna spitball a few ideas out here -
Is there a way to make rearward-facing shields?  'Cause a merchant ship that can keep its speed and have rearward facing guns/shields would be powerful AND generally useless at offense.
Is there a way to make, create, forge, or otherwise increase the staying power of fleets abroad?  I've seen a few crude mods, and LOTS of flavor text talking about it, but little in the way of actual gameplay.
Consider some S-Mods if necessary
Split your Civilian versions (most of which are just fine) and consider a full faction?  The Merchant Marine, Gray Market, or otherwise semi-professional army doesn't feel like it's been done, or done very well.  Dockworkers Union, or whatever.  Sturdy tankers, fast speeds, purely defensive for the Civ aspect, and (almost) purely protective for the Military half.

A lot of this you've already done!  Which is awesome.  But it feels like a partially-implemented idea.
I hope you'll keep working on it, and evolving the concept.

Find a niche, and expand into it!

dreksars

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2022, 07:49:46 AM »

Do you mind if I translate this mod, and upload it to Chinese Starsector forum?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]