Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Message Log  (Read 1278 times)

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
Message Log
« on: September 21, 2021, 08:38:35 PM »

Sometimes the messages sent to the bottom left side of the screen are too fast and too many, it's easy to miss something important, even pausing the game doesn't stop messages from going bye-bye.

This could be easily solved by either adding some button to the UI, that when toggled would show a message log or placed somewhere in the intel screen perhaps as a new option [4]

I don't know if there is a way to stop messages from fading so fast, but I guess maybe the ability to change that would also help this problem a great deal.

Wapno

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Message Log
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2021, 10:02:48 PM »

That would be a very welcome addition indeed. I had that happen to me as well. Some of the notifications can be reviewed from the intel screen, but not all of them, and even then, searching through all the tabs can be tedious. A complete message log feature would be great.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2021, 09:13:57 AM »

Or perhaps messages shouldn't leave the intel's "new" tab so soon. I think it takes maybe only an in-game day for them to fade away, which is ridiculously fast. I would have made it one or two in-game weeks.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2021, 07:51:34 PM »

I'd also like a log for text written in an interaction dialog.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2021, 09:19:28 PM »

Or perhaps messages shouldn't leave the intel's "new" tab so soon. I think it takes maybe only an in-game day for them to fade away, which is ridiculously fast. I would have made it one or two in-game weeks.
also this!

edit: I made the same suggestion a year ago..
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17747.msg278920#msg278920
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 09:46:51 AM by geminitiger »

Sjel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2021, 10:52:32 AM »

Sometimes the messages sent to the bottom left side of the screen are too fast and too many, it's easy to miss something important, even pausing the game doesn't stop messages from going bye-bye.

This could be easily solved by either adding some button to the UI, that when toggled would show a message log or placed somewhere in the intel screen perhaps as a new option [4]

I don't know if there is a way to stop messages from fading so fast, but I guess maybe the ability to change that would also help this problem a great deal.

Sorry for the necro, but this is such a needed feature. Just got my standing with the Hegemony lowered from +12 to -53 and I'd like to study the messages... A message log would be great.

justnewaccount3131

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2023, 01:31:11 PM »

Sorry for the necro, but this is such a needed feature. Just got my standing with the Hegemony lowered from +12 to -53 and I'd like to study the messages... A message log would be great.

I also apologize for raising this thread from the dead, but after googling for ages and trying to find it in game without success, I'd really really like a log of all the messages that relate to me at least.

one of the things I play for is seeing my increases in standing, and such. but it flies by so fast, and even pausing does not pause the tooltip vanishing. and delaying every tooltip would make the game unplayable.

and sometimes, I see something that seems important, and before I can really get my head around what it means and fully read it, the message is gone.

please add an ingame message log feature.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 01:32:52 PM by justnewaccount3131 »

Sendrien

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2023, 06:15:01 AM »

+1. I've often missed notifications with no way of finding out what I missed.