Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: special ships for midline and low tech  (Read 680 times)

Lukas1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
special ships for midline and low tech
« on: September 20, 2021, 10:00:47 AM »

So high tech is the only ship "class"  that has ships with unique mechanics. aka phase ships. but what about midline and low tech ? they dont have any special ships with special mechanics and "phase ship but lowtech" is boring so i came up with two ideas fir them.

Lowtech: Armor Regenerating ships.
so that might kinda sound op but what i did is i removed there shields and instead they have regenerate "kinda like how phase replaces shields" so. in this mode. you cant fire your guns but you can regenrate armor BUT NOT HULL  and it generates hard flux. also the ships have really good armor and hull and have good fire power. but they are somewhat slow and have blind spots like every low tech ship and the armor becomes weaker during regen mode so you can beat it if you have good enough fire power.

Midline: flux "reload" and shields with hit points
the way i see it. midlines whole deal is fast manuverability and hit and run tactics. so what i came up with is midline having a classic sci fi shield. as in it is always active and has hit points and regenerates after it is destroyed. the shileds will not appear as a bubble or an orb around the ship but as a second layer so it can between tight spaces better with protection. and it also has a reaload system for flux. basically eject a flux fuse and replace it instead of venting. reloading the flux bar instantly. but the ship has bad capacity very low armor if non. meh hull. very good speed and manuverability
alot of front fire power. and also the special shields. built for hit and run.

so yeah that would give all the techs special unique ships for them instead of just having phase as the only special ships imo
im not a dev but i tried to balance them kinda but if an legit dev happened to see my post i love this game and i think it has so much potential.

Grievous69

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: special ships for midline and low tech
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 10:06:16 AM »

Gremlin is a low tech phase ship tho?
Please don't take me too seriously.

Lukas1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2021, 11:44:12 AM »

yeeeeah thats what i meant by phase ship but lowtech.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2021, 07:21:46 AM »

Actually Low Tech is getting a destroyer with damper field as *shield* not a system in next update. And mods already added another for luddic church.
Midline also got several ships with some really nasty systems already - Drover and Gryphon.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2021, 09:28:56 AM »

Actually Low Tech is getting a destroyer with damper field as *shield* not a system in next update.
Vanguard is a frigate. Manticore is a destroyer and coming in the next update, but it'll have some flak ship system and regular shields.