Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Found a few systems with High danger levels  (Read 950 times)

Jo Jo

• Commander
    • View Profile
Found a few systems with High danger levels
« on: September 15, 2021, 07:25:26 PM »

I was exploring with mainly a cruiser setup and I found several systems with High Danger markers, so I popped in to see what might be coming after me. There were two medium sized fleets, one small fleet and one larger fleet with a [Redacted] battleship within my viewing range. What's my next move if I want to explore these systems, and why should I bother? Is there something in them that's worth trucking my capitals out that far, besides maybe salvaging some of the AI ships? Are there amazing spoils in these systems?

I've also been told in the forum posts that the AI fleets will get stronger over time, so does that mean that I need to make one trip through each of these systems and explore everything I should, then leave for good or come back once I'm ready to salvage more of the AI ships?

Edit: To make matters worse, a Luddic Path base sending zealots to attack my two colonies has just been located in one of those systems. I'm going to have to visit at some point soon. Suggestions? I do have several capitals I could bring.

Edit2: So I went there with a super beefy fleet and no more warning sign. Just to be clear there were no [Redacted] in the system that was previously full of them, only the Luddic Path base I needed to destroy. Do the Redacted move around or did the game remove them because the Luddic Path base ended up there? The base was not there the first time I visited and ran into all the [Redacted]. It's the same system, I'm sure of it.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 11:36:06 PM by Jo Jo »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Found a few systems with High danger levels
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2021, 12:16:48 AM »

I was going to suggest "bring popcorn", but alas it would seem the Luddic cleared out the system (iirc any colony with even a patrol station will do likewise).

SafariJohn

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2021, 04:17:47 AM »

LP Bases do not spawn in high danger remnant systems.

ubuntufreakdragon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2021, 05:51:13 AM »

I was exploring with mainly a cruiser setup and I found several systems with High Danger markers, so I popped in to see what might be coming after me. There were two medium sized fleets, one small fleet and one larger fleet with a [Redacted] battleship within my viewing range. What's my next move if I want to explore these systems, and why should I bother? Is there something in them that's worth trucking my capitals out that far, besides maybe salvaging some of the AI ships? Are there amazing spoils in these systems?
yes lots of Alpha AI Cores from killing the Fleets.
I've also been told in the forum posts that the AI fleets will get stronger over time, so does that mean that I need to make one trip through each of these systems and explore everything I should, then leave for good or come back once I'm ready to salvage more of the AI ships?
Yes a Cruiser Fleet alone will likely be crushed hard, so preparation would be useful.
Exploring it should still be done asap, as a Capital fleet tends to be much less sneaky.
I tend to found a colony in such systems for building a star fortress to support me killing the fleets and dock repairing my fleet.
Edit: To make matters worse, a Luddic Path base sending zealots to attack my two colonies has just been located in one of those systems. I'm going to have to visit at some point soon. Suggestions? I do have several capitals I could bring.
Being sneaky helps more, you only need to beat the Ludds, though I never got a LP Base in a Red system, maybe there are 2 systems close to each other and the beacon means system A and LP's are in system B.
Edit2: So I went there with a super beefy fleet and no more warning sign. Just to be clear there were no [Redacted] in the system that was previously full of them, only the Luddic Path base I needed to destroy. Do the Redacted move around or did the game remove them because the Luddic Path base ended up there? The base was not there the first time I visited and ran into all the [Redacted]. It's the same system, I'm sure of it.
Well kill them for stealing you Profits.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2021, 06:42:42 AM »

If you want to farm cores and Remnant tech, you do not want to destroy the Remnant Nexus battlestation.  The Nexus is the Gauntlet monster generator that spawns unlimited Remnant fleets with loot.

Jo Jo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2021, 03:35:55 PM »

Fantastic! Thank you all for your help! :) It's been a busy day with no time to respond until now.

I woke up this AM thinking I may have been mistaken about the location of the base, and sure enough I was. It was the stars just one hop to the north that had the baddies, and the system with the extremists is a normal system that I simply couldn't survey because I ran out of space to hold all the loot. It was the one exception in the area, and darn if it wasn't so close to the two [Redacted] systems.

Well, now I know some excellent strategies for dealing with the two [Redacted] systems and I know how to continue to farm if I like. Great stuff from a helpful community. Thanks again to everyone who helped out!