Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.64  (Read 128703 times)

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.54
« Reply #120 on: January 26, 2023, 10:50:30 PM »

actually its not even just that, it seems its just tied to the presence of civilian grade hull, or militarized subsystems... Revenants and phantoms get the combat bonus whilst literally not having any guns, and getting the drive field bonus of the bulk-transport skill.

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.6
« Reply #121 on: February 06, 2023, 07:41:13 PM »

- Advanced Turret Gyros reworked to 0.96a current change: damage bonus vs fighter/missiles and damage bonus vs smaller ship sizes of the ship!
- Converted Fighter Bay S-Mod will also reduce deployment point of the ship!
- Efficiency Overhaul S-Mod should properly detect if Phantom is a civilian ship and other ships!
- Expanded Deck Crews S-Mod reworked: +25% faster replacement rate!
- Heavy Armor now applies an increased maneuverability penalty as the s-mod penalty.
- High-Resolution Sensors: Changed cost to 4/6/9/15 (was: 9/9/9/15) and gave s-mod effect with 0.96a changelog!
- Nav Relay S-Mod reworked: Adds maneuverability based on the total nav rating of your fleet. Fighters gain +20% top speed and maneuverability!
- Shield Conversion Omni S-Mod reworked: No longer reduces shield arcs!
- Shield Shunt re-added as an S-Mod bonus with 0.96a changelog: Increasing the armor bonus to +30% armor!
- Recovery Shuttle reworked: Reduces the rate at which the fighter replacement rate decreases due to fighter losses by 40% when engaging! (You gain -50% when on recall in vanilla behavior!)
- Unstable Injector reworked: Increases the ship's zero-flux engine boost to top speed by 20!

That's unfortunate. Most of the logistics ships added by mods aren't civilian flagged, even in vanilla about 1/3rd to 1/2 of the logistics ships aren't civilian tagged either.

actually its not even just that, it seems its just tied to the presence of civilian grade hull, or militarized subsystems... Revenants and phantoms get the combat bonus whilst literally not having any guns, and getting the drive field bonus of the bulk-transport skill.
Fixed!
Hey, any chance of giving "shield shunt" s-mod buffs, atm the hullmod isn´t that good in vanilla as is.
I second this motion. Something like it’s armour increase set to 30% or 50% EMP resistance, because currently Shield Shunt is just begging the enemy to pepper your with torpedoes and missiles for the same amount of armour that armoured weapon mounts gives you.
Done!
A suggestion for the Heavy Armor mod: Since it's built in and (in theory) thus better designed to work with the ship then perhaps there could be a reduction in the maneuverability penalty to go with the reduction in protection?
Done!
I have two questions about the way the modifiers from Blast Doors are implemented.

From what I can tell the -10% Armor Damage Taken is added upon the existing modifier, for example if there is Impact Mitigation already. So with Blast Doors built in this should result in -35% or 0.65 modifier? This seems very powerful, maybe instead of deducting another 10 it might be better to multiply with 0.9?

And is the - 25% HE Damage Taken applied before the armor calculation to affect the impact of weapons, or after for the damage calculation only?

Both of these together seem to provide a lot of value to armor ships.
Should be a .675 modifier as they stack multiplicatively. the -25% HE Damage taken applied should be before the armor calculation.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 07:51:48 PM by Jackie »
Don't compare your life to others if you have no idea what their life is all about.

Jack Novius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 09, 2023, 12:59:15 PM »

Hey, I believe there's a math error regarding Advanced Turret Gyros.

Specifically Capital against Frigate.  It doesn't seem like it gets a 20% bonus.  It looks closer to a 20x multiplier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hP5o9A303s

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2023, 04:12:00 PM »

Specifically Capital against Frigate.  It doesn't seem like it gets a 20% bonus.  It looks closer to a 20x multiplier.
*looks at code*

Quite possibly; looking at the relevant stats.getDamageToFrigates() line, it is followed by modifyFlat, rather than modifyPercent (for all other getDamageTo<SizeClass> instances).

Changing that in the '\mods\Better Deserved S-Mods\data\hullmods\AdvancedTurretGyros.java' file to modifyPercent might fix it, but I'm not going to have the free time to test it.

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 09, 2023, 07:35:09 PM »

- Fixed Advanced Turret Gyros S-Mod applying a 20x mult instead of a +20% bonus vs frigates!
- Reworked Converted Hangar completely to a possible change by Alex! Feel free to revert, built-in Converted Hangars are unaffected.
- Converted Fighter Bays S-Mod also reduces supplies to maintain.
- Operation Centers S-Mod also reduces supplies to maintain.

*looks at code*

Quite possibly; looking at the relevant stats.getDamageToFrigates() line, it is followed by modifyFlat, rather than modifyPercent (for all other getDamageTo<SizeClass> instances).

Changing that in the '\mods\Better Deserved S-Mods\data\hullmods\AdvancedTurretGyros.java' file to modifyPercent might fix it, but I'm not going to have the free time to test it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hP5o9A303s
Thank you! Fixed!
Don't compare your life to others if you have no idea what their life is all about.

Madbadger2

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.61
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2023, 09:35:28 AM »

Hey, nice to see the update. Looks like there is an ambiguity in either the description or the code for the new Converted Hangers regarding 1 and 2 OP cost fighter wings (because cost is rounded and they round to 0, so there is no penalty for a Talon wing). Sent a Discord DM with more details.

Hope this helps, this has become one of my favorite mods 8-)

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.62
« Reply #126 on: February 11, 2023, 09:38:11 PM »

- Adjusted Converted Hangar S-Mod to further revisions: increased recovered carrier replacement rate on cruiser and larger!
- Reworked Ballistic Rangefinder to 0.96a changes; removed s-mod effect!

Hey, nice to see the update. Looks like there is an ambiguity in either the description or the code for the new Converted Hangers regarding 1 and 2 OP cost fighter wings (because cost is rounded and they round to 0, so there is no penalty for a Talon wing). Sent a Discord DM with more details.

Hope this helps, this has become one of my favorite mods 8-)
Fixed!

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.62
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2023, 10:39:08 AM »

Is the Extended Shields S-Mod suppose to have a 20x bonus multiplier after 480 degree of coverage for Flux Cap (v1.62)? It was capped at 12x in v1.54 & v1.61; I don't see a changelog entry for it.

Also, I'm not sure if there is a discrepancy in the tooltip or an actual bug, but some ships seem to think they're beyond 480 degrees and indicate a full 20x Flux Cap increase in the tooltip, while others don't.

Other times, it seems like some ships use 2x Shield Upkeep to decide the Flux Cap Bonus.

The Extended Shields S-mod seems to have gotten several undocumented changes. Were these intended (20x max on Flux Cap)? Am I perhaps seeing some weird quirks of some mods (Max Bonus while under 480 degrees total coverage or using double the Shield Upkeep)?

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.63
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2023, 08:18:48 PM »

- Added Rugged Construction buff from 0.96a (Reducing supply cost to recover from deployment by 50%)!
- Added Faulty Automated Systems buff from 0.96a (Increases crew requirement by 50% instead of 100%)!
- Added no_drop to Neural Integrator and Neural Interface modspecs should not longer drop from 0.96a changelog!
- Adjusted Flux Coil Adjunct S-Mod wording to avoid confusion!
- Adjusted HSA paragraphing!
- Fixed Extended Shield being capped at 20x instead of 12x originally!
- Fixed Shield Shunt bug of not providing the right s-mod effect!
- Unstable Injector S-Mod bonus scales on hull size (25/20/15/15) from 20!
Is the Extended Shields S-Mod suppose to have a 20x bonus multiplier after 480 degree of coverage for Flux Cap (v1.62)? It was capped at 12x in v1.54 & v1.61; I don't see a changelog entry for it.

Also, I'm not sure if there is a discrepancy in the tooltip or an actual bug, but some ships seem to think they're beyond 480 degrees and indicate a full 20x Flux Cap increase in the tooltip, while others don't.

Other times, it seems like some ships use 2x Shield Upkeep to decide the Flux Cap Bonus.

The Extended Shields S-mod seems to have gotten several undocumented changes. Were these intended (20x max on Flux Cap)? Am I perhaps seeing some weird quirks of some mods (Max Bonus while under 480 degrees total coverage or using double the Shield Upkeep)?
It should've been 12x, was testing it with 20x to see how strong it would be. Fixed for now. I hope the discrepancy in the tooltip was resolved with this update.

Pratapon51

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 14, 2023, 06:37:14 AM »

Hey there, seems to be a math error in Advanced Turret Gyros effect that is causing capitals to deal not +20% damage to frigates, but close to 20x. Have not tested this with other hullsizes yet.

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 14, 2023, 10:28:57 AM »

Hey there, seems to be a math error in Advanced Turret Gyros effect that is causing capitals to deal not +20% damage to frigates, but close to 20x. Have not tested this with other hullsizes yet.
Fixed in the versions after 1.6!

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.64
« Reply #131 on: February 17, 2023, 07:57:26 PM »

- Additional Berthing S-Mod Added: Doubled crew capacity bonus and negates maintenance cost!
- Advanced Weapon Mount S-Mod reworked: +10% RoF for non-missile weapons!
- Auxiliary Fuel Tanks S-Mod Added: Doubled fuel capacity bonus and negates maintenance cost!
- Converted Fighter Bay S-Mod should correctly adjust for logistic hullmod limit!
- ECM Package S-Mod adjusted: Removed ECM immunity and added +1% ECM Rating!
- ECCM Package S-Mod reworked: ECM and flare immunity!
- Expanded Cargo Holds S-Mod Added: Doubled cargo capacity bonus and negates maintenance cost!

hidefreek

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 08, 2023, 09:09:39 PM »

Any mod that interferes with these listed hullmods may mean you may not see the smod bonuses/penalties.

About this line:
If it mean the S-mods' effect still active behind the screen (without text show).
Or You needs to delete the line as your point out.
+++Sorry for Bad grammar.

LuckyToShoot

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 31, 2023, 10:01:45 PM »

For "Recovery Shuttles" the S-mod bonus says "Reduces the rate at which fighter replacement rate is lost when engaging by 40%" does that mean if I s-mod a recovery shuttles, my fighters will take longer to respawn??? Sorry if this was a stupid question, but I am just a little confused.

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 31, 2023, 11:10:14 PM »

Fighter Recovery Rate is a (visible) multiplier to how fast lost fighters respawn. It drains slowly from a bunch of actions, and quickly from fighter losses. Recovery Shuttles makes it drain *slower* from fighters being set to Engage, which results in a tiny but nice bonus to fighter respawn rate.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10