Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.64  (Read 128643 times)

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.4
« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2022, 09:39:31 AM »

Many thanks!  ;D

Jdalt40

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2022, 03:34:57 PM »

Just to confirm, Stabilized Shields 15% hard flux dissipation stacks with the skill that provides the same thing, right?

Loving the mod btw! Good work!

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2022, 06:20:28 PM »

Thanks for the hard work on this mod! I was unsure about it at first but its become an instant classic for me. It really encourages using built in hullmods I wouldn't consider normally.

I have a few thoughts on the new update. I like most of the changes, especially Ballistic Rangefinder and ADF (though those are mostly free spaces since its a new effect.) The Accelerated Shield change feels a little less fitting but its still compelling. Extended shield also feels a little less interesting when it grants such a large amount of arc but nothing else, and the same with Insulated Engine. I think I personally prefer the former version of both even if they're numerically less powerful, though the old  may actually be situationally better than the new version. I'd have to test them a lot more.

Two things I really dislike however are the removal of recoil reduction on Advanced Turret Gyro and the Expanded Magazine ammo recovery change. I actually think the new version of ATG is good, but I really miss the recoil reduction. Maybe Armored Weapon Mounts could get 15% more recoil instead of the armor bonus? I still much prefer having some of the recoil reduction on ATG though, same with some repair speed on Insulated Engine. Just my two cents though.

The new ammo recovery on Magazines feels almost completely useless however. Activating it is practically impossible unless you're VERY fast and move directly away from combat after dumping ammo. The issue is that even with 100% more max ammo, most of the time any magazine weapons would get all their ammo back in the time it takes to move away regardless of the effect. Also I don't think the AI is capable of using it at all. I like the theory of kind of backing out to stock up but it doesn't seem practical without making the distance MUCH shorter. Maybe it could start when not firing for a few seconds? I'm not the AI could handle that either though.

Once again great work on the mod. Its got to be a nightmare trying to come up with interesting and balanced bonus effects for every hullmod in the game. I love that these changes allow for unique builds that wouldn't normally be appealing. I'm looking forward to any updates!

Surgeol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2022, 06:06:00 AM »

Really love the idea of changes. Btw, could I post your mod to Chinese Starsector forum? I'll keep the author information and original link.

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2022, 06:53:46 PM »

Really love the idea of changes. Btw, could I post your mod to Chinese Starsector forum? I'll keep the author information and original link.
Of course you can!
Don't compare your life to others if you have no idea what their life is all about.

Surgeol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2022, 03:14:42 AM »

Of course you can!
Thank you :)
And have you considered using external text? I found some problems during the translation process, for example, the original S-mods description were replaced by English, but I can only edit the text added by the mod, couldn't change those original descriptions that changed back to English :P

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2022, 08:33:31 AM »

And have you considered using external text? I found some problems during the translation process, for example, the original S-mods description were replaced by English, but I can only edit the text added by the mod, couldn't change those original descriptions that changed back to English :P
Since all the files are in their uncompiled form, you could edit the text directly within the data.hullmods as well as the hull_mods.csv. I'll look into using external text but I am unfamiliar with it for the time being.
Don't compare your life to others if you have no idea what their life is all about.

Surgeol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2022, 09:52:40 PM »

Since all the files are in their uncompiled form, you could edit the text directly within the data.hullmods as well as the hull_mods.csv. I'll look into using external text but I am unfamiliar with it for the time being.
Nevermind, I found the solution. Anyways, thanks for the reply!

Üstad

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2022, 08:37:48 AM »

Do enemy ships also make use of these? The mod seems great by the way.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2022, 08:42:43 AM »

Do enemy ships also make use of these? The mod seems great by the way.
It works globally, so yes, enemy ships with s-mods benefit from the same bonuses your ships do.

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2022, 08:22:15 PM »

Which does, in fact, make both Task Forces and the Cabal significantly more spooky in some cases.

Killsode

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.5
« Reply #71 on: May 11, 2022, 04:45:18 AM »

-5% flux generated by missiles... what? thats quite possibly the most minimal improvement of any of the mods now

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 11, 2022, 12:23:35 PM »

-5% flux generated by missiles... what? thats quite possibly the most minimal improvement of any of the mods now
I knew I forgot something, thanks for the catch! Will re-update soon!

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 11, 2022, 12:48:24 PM »

Hilariously, there are mod missiles where that isn't totally trivial.

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 11, 2022, 04:18:57 PM »

- Accelerated Shield S-Mod beam damage reduction increased from -15% to -20%!
- Armored Weapon Mount S-Mod no longer increases armor by an additional 5%, but a flat +5 per weapon mount!
- Blast Door S-Mod now reduces armor damage taken by -10%!
- ECM Package S-Mod now grants immunity to Electronic Warfare penalties!
- Insulated Engine Assembly S-Mod no longer grants additional hull integrity, but greatly reduces sensor profiles!
- Flux Coil Adjunct S-Mod reworked: Adds 400/800/1200/2000 flux capacity and doubles flux dissipation when overloaded!
- Flux Distributor S-Mod adds 15/30/40/50 flux dissipation and also reduces flux generated by missile weapons by -5%!
- Nav Relay S-Mod now grants +5% Top Speed to Fighters of that Ship!
- Reinforced Bulkhead S-Mod reworked: Adds 250/400/500/1000 hull integrity and reduce effects of D-mods by 50% (stacks with Rugged Construction)!
- Resistant Flux Conduit S-Mod no longer increase EMP dmg reduction, but reduces overload duration by -20%!
- Stabilized Shields S-Mod hard flux dissipation reduced from 15% to 12%!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2022, 09:13:14 AM by Jackie »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10