Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.64  (Read 128671 times)

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.33
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2021, 12:10:53 AM »

Wow great work! I can't see myself going back to a life without BDSM!

PHRASING.

::)

But count me in as well.
I'm just happy that these hullmods (both vanilla & BDSM) were left as editable java files, for those among us who wish to tweak some of the S-Mod benefits ourselves.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2022, 04:45:40 AM »

It feels really weird that Expanded Missile Racks doesn't have a S-mod effect, to the point I initially thought I had a mod conflict.

Perhaps something like doubling the rate at which missile recharge (should only affect the Pilum in vanilla, but it feels better than nothing)?

dgchessman2

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2022, 01:26:17 PM »

I'm seeing built-in hullmods that don't have the S-mod bonus, and can't acquire it.

Is that intentional?

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2022, 01:34:05 PM »

I'm seeing built-in hullmods that don't have the S-mod bonus, and can't acquire it. Is that intentional?

Yes. Built In is a step below S-Mod. [HM [BI [SM]]]

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2022, 05:24:02 PM »

It feels really weird that Expanded Missile Racks doesn't have a S-mod effect, to the point I initially thought I had a mod conflict.

Perhaps something like doubling the rate at which missile recharge (should only affect the Pilum in vanilla, but it feels better than nothing)?
Expanded Missile Rack is powerful enough to not require an S-Mod Bonus.

I'm seeing built-in hullmods that don't have the S-mod bonus, and can't acquire it.

Is that intentional?
I'm seeing built-in hullmods that don't have the S-mod bonus, and can't acquire it. Is that intentional?

Yes. Built In is a step below S-Mod. [HM [BI [SM]]]
You may go into setting.json and set BuiltInSMod to true. This is left false by default because it would buff some ships with built-in mods.
Don't compare your life to others if you have no idea what their life is all about.

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2022, 05:40:28 PM »

If it's powerful enough why not go the other way?

Expando Missile Racks:
Increases the ammo capacity of missile weapons by 50 percent.

SMod Bonus: Ammo capacity bonus increased to 100%

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2022, 01:59:48 PM »

If it's powerful enough why not go the other way?

Expando Missile Racks:
Increases the ammo capacity of missile weapons by 50 percent.

SMod Bonus: Ammo capacity bonus increased to 100%

My vote is for missile reload, because theres very few things that enable faster reloads.

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 07, 2022, 10:26:05 AM »

How many vanilla hull-mods don't have an additional effect under this mod?

Would be good if it allowed the player to customise the effects their end so if a person finds an effect too weak or too strong it can be adjusted without changing the mod for anyone else.

Hatter

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2022, 10:44:20 AM »

How many vanilla hull-mods don't have an additional effect under this mod?

Would be good if it allowed the player to customise the effects their end so if a person finds an effect too weak or too strong it can be adjusted without changing the mod for anyone else.
You can edit the mod files? I turned off HA built-in penalty, personally. Didn't like that it had a penalty to being built-in while hardened shields gets a buff.

Ali

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 07, 2022, 11:12:53 AM »

Cheers!

will see if i can work out how to change HA to a boost!

hqz

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2022, 03:02:14 AM »

Cheers!

will see if i can work out how to change HA to a boost!

Just in case someone else is looking for this, here is a version of Heavy Armor with a bonus instead of penalty. It's the same value, just inverted. So +25/+50/+75+100. It might be a bit OP, but it's a single player game so who cares. A more reasonable alternative might be to just remove the maneuverability penalty instead of changing the amor values.

To install, just replace the file in the mod directory with this file.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 03:57:39 PM by hqz »

Great Wound

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2022, 02:33:18 PM »

Might I may a suggestion:

When built-in Integrated PD AI also deals its damage bonus to fighters.  I've tweaked it on my end and I like it (attached) as there's not many ways to improve fighter defence.

[attachment deleted by admin]

FreonRu

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2022, 06:27:15 AM »

Good day.

Are there any plans to work on logistical mods for the hull (improving engines / improving sensors, etc.)?
For example Augmented Drive Field will reduce fuel consumption (although this is the most obvious one).

Jackie

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Deserved S-Mods 1.4
« Reply #59 on: March 08, 2022, 07:04:38 PM »

- S-Mod Accelerated Shield no longer reduces high explosive damage and instead grants a -15% beam damage reduction taken by shields!
- S-Mod Advanced Turret Gyro no longer grants recoil reduction and instead grants +100% target leading autoaccuracy!
- S-Mod Adaptive Phase Coils reworked: Reduces flux usage from activating phase cloak by -75% and reduces phase cooldown by -25%!
- (Thanks to FreonRu) Added S-Mod bonus for Augmented Drive Field: reduces fuel consumption by 30%!
- Added S-Mod bonus for Ballistic Rangefinder: Grants any non-large ballistic weapons their bonuses regardless of what slot they're mounted on!
- S-Mod Efficiency Overhaul grants +20% max CR instead of +10% max CR!
- S-Mod Expanded Magazines reworked: Ammo capacity bonus increased to +100% and grants +50% reloading speed of ballistic and energy when there is no nearby significant enemy presence!
- S-Mod Extended Shield no longer reduces kinetic damage and instead grants 120-degree arc of shields!
- S-Mod HSA no longer increase base range threshold by 100 and instead reduces the range reduction to -25%!
- S-Mod Insulated Engine Assembly reworked: +100% more engine health and +5% hull integrity!
- (Thanks to Great Wound) S-Mod IPDAI now adds +50% damage to fighters!
- S-Mod Makeshift Shield Generator removes the top speed reduction as well as grants an omni-directional shield with -20% upkeep and +10% improved efficiency!
- S-Mod Operation Centers reworked: grants fighters +15% top speed and +33% target leading accuracy!
- S-Mod Reinforced Bulkhead now adds 50 armor for damage reduction calculation instead of 30 armor!
- S-Mod Solar Shielding's Energy Dmg reduction increased to -33%!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 07:08:26 PM by Jackie »
Don't compare your life to others if you have no idea what their life is all about.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10