Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Fixing the Prometheus Mk.II  (Read 3678 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fixing the Prometheus Mk.II
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2021, 04:18:36 PM »

Then   Atlas mk2 need a nerf if pirate ship need to be bad because its hard to get as much fireppower at such a cheap price
It's super easy to kill so I think it's doing just fine in its intended role.

Locklave

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2021, 04:04:06 AM »

I don't get the Atlas II comparisons. Atlas II has too few OP and too many weapon slots. For it to be actually functional in a battle it ends up being a Missile/Artillery ship and not an actual fighting ship. It's too power starved to be in close range. If anything the Atlas needs less weapon slots and more OP.

Prometheus Mk.II does fine with w/e random stuff they stick to it and it can actual move around.

Are we talking Player controlled or AI controlled? Because AI controlled Prometheus Mk.II is a better ship. Atlas II is only dangerous in AI control until it gets in gun range at which point it overloads and has no hope of escape. I'd rather fight an Atlas II in AI control then a Prometheus Mk.II in AI control.

Maybe Atlas II is just a problem for people using less aggressive captains? I use Aggressive/Reckless exclusively, it doesn't get to back off and recover.

JaronK

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2021, 03:01:47 PM »

Personally, I think it's fine that this is not a good player ship.  The only upgrade I'd give it is that when it explodes in battle, it has a high chance of doing a much larger than normal explosion that does serious damage to everything around it.  That makes it mechanically scary, because you don't want to destroy it when it's too close.

Some sort of ramming prow thing where the burn drive lets it do a lot more damage than normal would be fun too though.
Pages: 1 2 [3]