Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: max administrator problems  (Read 1218 times)

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
max administrator problems
« on: September 07, 2021, 09:36:02 PM »

When I was under 50 population I was able to have 5 administrators.  (with colony management skill)
 Next bonus was supposed to be at 50,
  The message I received when I hit 50 read "3 bonus administrators next bonus at 80 population"

But, it seems I'm maxed out at 6 admins, plus the 3 I can administrate myself. It's impossible to hit 80 population without use of AI cores/administrators, what puzzles me the most is why did it say that I got 3 bonus admins but I'm still stuck at 6 total? or is that 3 (2+1) from base and +1 +1 +1 from population tiers bonuses?

3 colonies under my management + 6 admins = 9,  9 x 6 max population = 54..  I don't really want to go the AI core route but, I think having more systems, or -- all the systems under my control eventually would be a "end game" type goal, I don't see the point in stopping people from doing that as, quite frankly it's not imbalanced, I'm already unable to spend my money.

Total domination should be a thing, we don't have enough end-game things.

Edit: I suppose I could make some colonies semi-autonomous, but that seems lame too. I want to be England in Space.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2021, 10:02:23 PM by geminitiger »

DownTheDrain

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: max administrator problems
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 11:14:38 PM »

No idea about the math behind it, but you could just increase the number of admins in the settings.
It's one of the first things I did. Using AI cores for everything seems far more unbalanced and pretty silly considering the backstory.

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2021, 02:08:06 AM »

No idea about the math behind it, but you could just increase the number of admins in the settings.
It's one of the first things I did. Using AI cores for everything seems far more unbalanced and pretty silly considering the backstory.

do you remember the relevant file?

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2021, 02:46:21 AM »

do you remember the relevant file?

lol, it was in settings.json  -- well at least the base admin number was.