Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 'F' camera-view, and pausing  (Read 3572 times)

Darloth

• Admiral
    • View Profile
'F' camera-view, and pausing
« on: June 21, 2011, 01:08:38 PM »

Sometimes (mostly because I've still not learned to fly anything big with any degree of skill) I want to play a battle mostly in the War-room, and so to have a look at what's going on I often use the 'F' camera view.

I find myself often doing two things, and I wonder if there might be a smoother way:

First, I often press F to view something, view it for a bit, and then press Tab to go back into the war-room to check on something. Then I press Tab again to go back to where I was, but Tab doesn't do that! I meant to press F. I know that F cycles between different viewpoints from the same camera view, but I think I'd personally like that on another button, perhaps G, and F would be a dedicated toggle between war-room and camera-view. Does anyone else do this, or should I just learn the buttons better?

Secondly, I would often like it to -always- pause when I press Tab to go to the war-room to issue orders. If that could be added as an option at some point that would be wonderful - even better if the above is implemented, then Tab could mean "Go to war-room and pause" (or Go to Controlled Ship and unpause if you're already in the war-room), and F could be toggle-warroom, maintaining the current paused or unpaused state.

Minor things, and I don't know how easy they would be to separate like this, so I'm interested if anyone else thinks these would help, and so whether it would be worth it. The pausing thing would be my choice if I only got one, because sometimes I want and -need- to issue an order, but I forget that tab won't pause if I'm in F camera-view, so I lose a few seconds worth of armour from something being shot because of that.