Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Fleet Splitting  (Read 945 times)

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
Fleet Splitting
« on: August 29, 2021, 04:43:00 AM »

I'm really interested in seeing a warband style management section wherein you can give officers of appropriate level control of some of your ships for various things, such as "wait here" or "patrol area" or "protect this colony"

Reason being: I prefer the speed of frigate combat and sometimes want to chase down smaller fleets; sometimes it's really fun to take on smaller bounty/system bounties(you know, the bounties where you get baseline reward per ship) and having my massive capital ship/station breaker fleet is really not conducive to that; besides, sometimes I really need to leave my fleet to protect a colony while I take my search and destroy destroyer fleet to mop up stragglers/go take a few smallish boutnies to keep credits rolling in.

It's worth mentioning I play with mods that add in essentially station level craft, so burn speed can really tank in my games.

Anyway I think it would still be a good addition to vanilla, and I'm sure you're already thinking about it, but I just wanted to hopefully drum up some support for it to come in the next big update.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fleet Splitting
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 04:47:02 AM »

and I'm sure you're already thinking about it
lmao

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 03:19:16 PM »

and I'm sure you're already thinking about it
lmao

I mean  I hope I'm not alone is this LOL
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2021, 10:32:24 AM »

I thought you were talking to Alex there and he has a particular preference there.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2021, 01:02:48 PM »

i remember him saying something about that but i dont remember what

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2021, 01:03:55 PM »

i absolutely agree. theres a mod that includes the ability to "grab" nearby fleets in your faction & make them orbit you and its sssuch an improvement on the game when you're able to use it, its like peering thru the keyhole of a door that leads to really cool gameplay.
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2021, 05:38:48 PM »

Yea that's nexerelin and it's a 12/10 sort of modification