Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Large breach SRM  (Read 1611 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Large breach SRM
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 09:31:31 AM »

I've run medium kinetics + auto-pulse + AMB on champion to very good effect and I think that loadout benefits from large breach.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 10:23:03 AM »

Not only do you have HEF boosted autopulse, which already deals with 2k armor, you have HEF boosted AMBs? What do you need anti-armor missiles for here exactly?

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 10:37:49 AM »

While I don't think we necessarily need a large breach, when it comes to Champion's I've also run a Guardian on it and used the other slots for main offense. A large breach would fit well in that kind of build.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2021, 10:56:45 AM »

Not only do you have HEF boosted autopulse, which already deals with 2k armor, you have HEF boosted AMBs? What do you need anti-armor missiles for here exactly?
My suggestion for a large breach was for high ammo and larger burst size, i.e. sustained dps/pressure, not strike/anti-armor. That loadout has pretty low sustained DPS through residual armor, auto pulse is not particularly good against heavy armor/hull with skills. Locust would be the closest comparison (that's what I use currently), but frag damage is not the best, and I think the loss of the missile damage boosting skill has made locusts a fair bit worse at that roll. I would also probably drop AMB, they aren't very good on a slow ship with such short range, and they don't actually do much in that loadout usually (based on combat statistics), but I like the ship to have some finishing options. I would consider just using tac lasers in the loadout with a large breach missile.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2021, 01:05:39 PM »

Unskilled Locusts were good last release, no need for skills or hullmods, unlike that MIRVs that cannot hit the broadside of a barn without ECCM and/or Missile Spec.  Locusts were the only good large option if player could not get missile skill and hullmods.  (MIRVs and ECCM cost a lot of OP, while Locusts are cheap.)  If Locusts are weaker now, it is probably because of officer spam adding defensive boosts to most if not all enemy ships.
Pages: 1 [2]