Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: [0.95a] Ship Loadout Critique  (Read 1880 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Ship Loadout Critique
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2021, 12:55:13 PM »

(assuming you use SO)
A bold assumption on your part, my friend. 420 seconds isn't so bad, especially since you will waste little of it, thanks to the teleport.
Non-SO with helmsmanship was the first thing I tried, but I hate the delay between dropping shields and TPing without SO. I should probably give it another shot as a player ship, but it's definitely not AI friendly enough for me to use it as anything other than a player ship. SO hyperion is amazing for the AI, so it makes more sense late game to me. My AI SO hyperion does like ~100k+ total damage in most mid-late game bounty fights and usually solo kills a large fraction of the backline and smaller ships. When I fly it myself, I can hit 150-200k damage if I burn through all the CR. I just find it is much more effective doing that. If I fly an aurora or an odyssey, I usually do not he order of 200k damage in late game battles, so I sort of expect to get that level output from my flagship.

See, running out of PPT is a thing that happens roughly when you run out of capital ships to assassinate. Now, I admittedly didn't play in a Hyperion much against human enemies, mainly because in my Hyperion run I got a Hyperion only after I switched to fighting Remnants. It seems Hyperion is better against Remnants than human enemies, because you need mobility against Remnants, while human ships fall down like dominoes. At least Hyperion can do this!
Does that really count as assassinating a capital ship? It looked like you did like maybe 5-10% of the damage. You mostly disabled the engines so that the radiant got isolated, which is great don't get me wrong, but I'm not convinced you couldn't have a bigger impact in another ship.   

When I use SO hyperion flagship, I'm running double HB + ion pulser or HB + Cryo-blaster (if I have it) + needler/ion pulser, which is going to have ~2-3x the damage output of the hyperion you're using, plus it can TP way more frequently. That's the way it feels  impactful enough for me to fly it personally.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2021, 02:20:11 PM »

Does that really count as assassinating a capital ship? It looked like you did like maybe 5-10% of the damage. You mostly disabled the engines so that the radiant got isolated, which is great don't get me wrong, but I'm not convinced you couldn't have a bigger impact in another ship.
By "this" I meant "push ships around". It was a joke.

My AI SO hyperion does like ~100k+ total damage in most mid-late game bounty fights and usually solo kills a large fraction of the backline and smaller ships. When I fly it myself, I can hit 150-200k damage if I burn through all the CR. I just find it is much more effective doing that.
Total damage from Detailed Combat Results? Is this average against Remnants or human fleets? Against Remnants, my (as in I pilot it, I don't ever give it to the AI) Heavy Blaster, Ion Pulser and Heavy Machine Gun Hyperion deals an average of 94k damage total, 35k of which is hull damage.
I've recently begun using Cryo-blaster instead of Heavy Blaster, though...
This would have been much more impressive, if my Radiant wasn't clearly underperforming, leaving more ships for me to kill.
[close]
If you want to know average numbers against humans, you will have to wait for a few days, since I haven't played in a while.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2021, 02:52:54 PM »

Yeah using combat results. I'm just giving approximate values from memory, I also haven't played in a while, but yeah, look at those cryo blaster numbers, and then add a heavy blaster in as well, and then add almost instant TP at any time, and you do a ton of damage. I think my experience is more against human fleets with tons of hull to shoot, and I try to under-deploy in those fights to be efficient so there's less ships to compete with. I usually get bored in end game and don't bother grind remnants that much after I fight the late game stuff and a few big ordos.

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2021, 11:39:10 PM »

say what you want, the all ion Paragon does surprising well, only downside is the short range and onslaught being massive cowards, once you push them to a map corner they get f*cking melted though

TLW

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2021, 05:09:33 AM »

say what you want, the all ion Paragon does surprising well, only downside is the short range and onslaught being massive cowards, once you push them to a map corner they get f*cking melted though
Loadout?

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2021, 06:17:31 AM »

Are there any loadouts that benefit from [VERY REDACTED] weapons? I have a modest collection including some
Spoiler
Cryoblasters, Cryoflamers, Reality Disruptor, Rift Cascade Emitter
[close]
and I don't know quite what to do with them yet.

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2021, 08:32:23 AM »

Cryoblaster is basically a better heavy blaster. You can use it in any build that uses heavy blasters.

The other 3 I didn't find useful at all, but some people have deluded themselves into believing cryoflamers are good, so ask them about it.  :D

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2021, 11:24:19 AM »

Rift Cascade Emitter is a more expensive Tachyon Lance clone that does slightly more damage if the beam explodes (which is less likely at long range), but cannot penetrate shields or EMP enemies.  Without the explosions, Rift Cascade Emitter is inferior to Tachyon Lance in every way, and you pay more OP and flux to use it!  Even with the explosions, the Emitter does not do enough extra damage to be anything other than a sniper weapon (and not general purpose like Plasma Cannon).  The explosions try to snake around the ship, but their shields almost always block all of the damage from the explosions.

I really wanted to like this weapon, but in the end after trying to make it work, I dropped it and stuck with Tachyon Lances if I wanted a hitscan sniper or Plasma Cannon if I wanted damage and/or hard flux.
Pages: 1 [2]