Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: can we get hearthstone like in wow?  (Read 1095 times)

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
can we get hearthstone like in wow?
« on: August 19, 2021, 11:16:56 AM »

I know it's kinda cheap. the audacity of having to ask to go back home without making the actual journey. I suppose it's part of the fun when you go back home with damaged ships, low supplies etc.

so what if it had a very long cooldown.

or you'd have the option to ask the greatest fleet admiral in the sector, your second in command, to "take us home, number 2". time would advance, you would also spend 1.5x the fuel and the supplies, might even get some damage on your ships. but every once in a while you'd have this option for when you reaaaaaaaaaaally don't wanna do it yourself.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: can we get hearthstone like in wow?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 11:23:34 AM »

You might as well replace hyperspace with a text game. You enter HS and get options where to go on map, random events may happen, depending on skills/officers, you have different options etc.....Hyperspace is only really somewhat interesting in the core sector, traveling to the fringes is just waiting.....

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 11:26:35 AM »

This is what gates are for

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2021, 10:37:20 AM »

how about a set of highway like networks that boosts hyperspace burn level as long as you fly across a set path or at the very least prevents nebulas/storm ?

Starpoint gemini 2 had something like that, I think they're called gravity rifts ?

Somekind of green/blue ish aurora borealis thing that just yeets you across the world map depending wich side you head in
for example sake: lets say you have one from north to south, enter with your heading anywhere near south and it'll suck you in and yeets you towards the south along the line  regardless of wich point in the line you entered in from...
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 10:40:11 AM by hydremajor »

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2021, 12:46:46 AM »

This is what gates are for
what if I  haven't discovered the gates or gate technology yet?

hydremajor: the highways seem great until we can use gates. it would be cool if there were more patrols/pirates along these routes also

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2021, 01:45:08 AM »

Just get the warp jump mod.  It is kinda janky in terms of execution (weird that it bases jump distance on burn speed instead of charging), but it should basically fulfill your needs.  Otherwise, learn to take your training wheels off, life sometimes isn't a lazily designed cash grab that panders to 12 year olds (which is WoW, if you haven't figured it out).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2021, 01:46:49 AM by slowpersun »
I wasn't always a Judge...

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2021, 06:32:33 AM »

what if I  haven't discovered the gates or gate technology yet?
Then you speedrun the main quest until you do.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2021, 08:09:52 AM »

You need a decent fleet to take out the enemies of the quest though.....Ziggurat won't fall to a few mules and Shepherds......

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2021, 08:14:06 AM »

I have great news for you, then: fighting Ziggurat is entirely optional. You only need to interact with it, then you can leave, using story points or not.

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2021, 11:07:39 AM »

.......I never knew that.....the useless boat took me 3 tries to beat with my very under prepared fleet.....nice to know though.....

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2021, 03:46:39 PM »

I appreciate all the replies, but some people are not getting my point, sometimes I just don't feel like embarking on the long journey back home and that's it. I want options. coz I don't wanna close the game and I also don't wanna endure the long road back. I know it seems very casual and pathetic, well it is, that's why  I was thinking that there should be a long cooldown and/or extra cost involved. maybe some options to engage all enemies/ avoid all / only engage easy targets etc.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2021, 06:55:09 PM »

If you download Nexerelin there’s an option to enable gate travel at the start of the game which allows you to do fast travel without having to endure the very tedious main storyline