Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What is (enemy) fleet size based on?  (Read 1463 times)

LennStar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
What is (enemy) fleet size based on?
« on: August 19, 2021, 10:25:47 AM »

Do you what determines e.g. sizes of pirate fleets where bounty missions got spammed?

Time? Income? Your own fleet?

It used to be sub 100K but in a short amoutn fo time it has gone up to 270K-300K and now I have seen a "deserter" fleet with 3 battleships. One is already had to kill, but 3? lol

Also why are so many pirates target my colonies? I have to fend them off so often I don't get around to exploring the galaxy.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: What is (enemy) fleet size based on?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 10:57:46 AM »

Let me get my cheat sheet...
Normal pirates scale with the size of the pirate activity in the system.
Raid pirates scale with the size of their home base.
Normal bounties scale with the number of them you have beaten and with time.
Contact bounties scale with the contact's reputation.
Expeditions and inspections scale with the number of expeditions sent before.
Expdrone encounters scale with the number of salvaged procgen things.
Remnants in a given system scale with how many fleets from that system you have beaten.
[close]
Normal bounty scaling is a bit rough, though, yeah. You should check out military contact bounties and see if they are any better.

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 01:37:28 PM »

The big spikes are from 100k to 150k, and 200k to 250+k.  100k is a bunch of destroyers and frigates, while 150k adds multiple cruisers to everything from the 100k bounty.  200k is the classic Hegemony System Defense Fleet or equivalent with up to three capitals and a healthy mix of cruisers, destroyers, and frigates; while everything from 250k and up has up to twelve capitals and the rest cruisers.

With the price of ships, it is stupid to fight such bounties unless the player is overwhelming overpowered enough to win flawlessly (without casualties).  No way an AI fleet would win unscathed, which is why it greatly bends or outright breaks suspension of disbelief.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 01:39:42 PM by Megas »

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 08:26:38 PM »

i recall hearing that it scales with both time played & character level on top of income, so if you keep your income steady while doing the same thing (say, smuggling without ever building a colony) over time the game will outpace you.
if what i remember is correct
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then