Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to accommodate carrier AI?  (Read 4358 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How to accommodate carrier AI?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2021, 02:59:27 PM »

There's also currently a bug to watch out for with the Reserve Deployment ship system and bombers (iirc), which basically amounts to "don't mix them".

Jo Jo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2021, 03:11:11 PM »

There's also currently a bug to watch out for with the Reserve Deployment ship system and bombers (iirc), which basically amounts to "don't mix them".

Thank you. I'll take a look when I have some carriers in my fleet to fit. :)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2021, 06:26:33 AM »

I've never even considered recovery shuttles and the extended crew additions, though I'll certainly look into it.
Expanded Deck Crew is like ITU for cruisers and capital ships: it's the baseline, unless you're doing something unconventional.

I have had some luck with the slower Broadswords (200 speed) when some frigate gets close to my carriers, and so far I've no luck at all against any ships with 2 carriers with two wings each of the Warthog (130 speed). They are slower than the frigates, and the destroyers I've encountered have incredible point defense. I could set both ships up with a combination of Broadswords with their flares + one wing of bombers like the daggers and their guided torpedoes. It seems to me though that the two carriers have a very hard time staying together and coordinating any type of strike, which leaves me thinking that I'd need a carrier with three bays before I try bombers so that all arrive on point at the same time.
Warthogs aren't good by themselves, but you want to mix them with Broadswords, so your fighters can deal both kinetic and high explosive damage.

In my experience, using Reserve Deployment amounts to "your fighter replacement rate commits suicide".

Jo Jo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2021, 04:35:44 PM »

I've never even considered recovery shuttles and the extended crew additions, though I'll certainly look into it.
Expanded Deck Crew is like ITU for cruisers and capital ships: it's the baseline, unless you're doing something unconventional.

I have had some luck with the slower Broadswords (200 speed) when some frigate gets close to my carriers, and so far I've no luck at all against any ships with 2 carriers with two wings each of the Warthog (130 speed). They are slower than the frigates, and the destroyers I've encountered have incredible point defense. I could set both ships up with a combination of Broadswords with their flares + one wing of bombers like the daggers and their guided torpedoes. It seems to me though that the two carriers have a very hard time staying together and coordinating any type of strike, which leaves me thinking that I'd need a carrier with three bays before I try bombers so that all arrive on point at the same time.
Warthogs aren't good by themselves, but you want to mix them with Broadswords, so your fighters can deal both kinetic and high explosive damage.

In my experience, using Reserve Deployment amounts to "your fighter replacement rate commits suicide".
Thanks! I'll put the two of them (Warthogs and Broadswords) together and see what happens.
Pages: 1 [2]