Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Prevent built in dedicated targeting core  (Read 1207 times)

Amoebka

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Prevent built in dedicated targeting core
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2021, 09:38:10 PM »

ITU is already "given by default" at combat 3. Since you don't lose hullmods after a respec, you can "trade" 1 story point for a whole set of elite hullmods (IPDAI + ITU + shields + EMR + ECCM).

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2021, 05:21:39 PM »

i like that ITU is just an upgrade to DTC that is locked behind skills. it may not feel as "clean" as trying to make them more of a sidegrade to eachother or justify ever taking one over the other but IMO it does a good job tying the skill system in to the ship customizing system -- better than only having hullmods locked behind skills. It gives it an interesting texture, a bit of a kink in the system that makes the two systems a little less, uhhhh, how would I put it... flat? Predictable? It's a little bit of a thread of designed frustration, to start a new game & be forced to make due with DTC & not be able to build the hullmod in for free OP yet bc ur gonna get ITU eventually.
it also makes it so that early level players cant get as much out of cruisers & capitals as later levels, making it a little more justifiable to hold off on shooting past frigates & destroyers
theres a lot of positives to the way it is now. it would be easy to flatten out the oddness of these two hullmods but i dont think that would actually improve the game. I find game design is a lot like carpentry -- you have to actively resist the urge to keep sanding, bc if you smooth something out too much you can wind up decreasing its quality instead of increasing it
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2021, 02:12:34 PM »

i like that ITU is just an upgrade to DTC that is locked behind skills.

It drops as a hullmod spec too, it's not locked to skills.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2021, 02:29:02 PM »

I've never unlocked any hullmod with a skill. I always find them first.
Pages: 1 [2]