Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: AI keeps manually aiming DO_NOT_AIM missiles?  (Read 308 times)

Raitaki

• Ensign
    • View Profile
AI keeps manually aiming DO_NOT_AIM missiles?
« on: August 16, 2021, 09:39:50 PM »

I'm playing with the Advanced Gunnery Control mod (though not sure if it's causing this specifically) and it seems like the AI loves to switch to manually aiming DO_NOT_AIM missiles (and firing them with apparent disregard to tactical value and AGC settings), especially (irritatingly) the Swarmer SRM Launcher, seemingly ignoring my AGC weapon group settings (enemy ship has shields up with middling flux, there's a different weapon group set to TargetShields and Swarmer is set to Fighters Only and there are no fighters in sight, yet it's apparently still manual Swarmer time). Even worse is the fact half the time this happens, the AI turns off autofire on every other weapon group (yes, even PD) for the entire launch animation of the missiles in question despite low flux and sometimes even while the sole nearby enemy is overloaded, resulting in a massive loss in opportunity to dish damage.

Does anyone else run into a similiar problem and know if it's a specific mod combination that causes this? Aside from AGC, I'm also using Nexerelin and several mods that add extra factions/ships/weapons, though I hesitate to blame any of them aside from AGC as the culprit since this also happens with vanilla ships and weapons.