Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My graphic card isn't used by the game  (Read 801 times)

jkuba1903

• Ensign
    • View Profile
My graphic card isn't used by the game
« on: August 09, 2021, 12:15:54 PM »

Hey
Can anyone of you folks would be so kind to help with my issue? I seem to not be able to run the game on my NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU. I tried 'graphic options' in settings, tried forcing it to run in Invide Control Panel but it does not work. Appreciate all the help i can get.
Cheers

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
Re: My graphic card isn't used by the game
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 10:29:59 PM »

Which process are you selecting to run on the GPU? The game's EXE file is just a launcher that starts up a java VM basically. What I would do is start the game then go to your NVIDIA control panel, program settings tab, click the "Add" button and in the popup menu, there should be a java.exe that shows up. Try forcing the GPU on after selecting THAT program and see if that make your GPU run the game
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

jkuba1903

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: My graphic card isn't used by the game
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2021, 02:05:55 AM »

Which process are you selecting to run on the GPU? The game's EXE file is just a launcher that starts up a java VM basically. What I would do is start the game then go to your NVIDIA control panel, program settings tab, click the "Add" button and in the popup menu, there should be a java.exe that shows up. Try forcing the GPU on after selecting THAT program and see if that make your GPU run the game

Thanks it works now!