Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Force Ship System activation through Command Points  (Read 475 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Force Ship System activation through Command Points
« on: August 06, 2021, 09:15:24 AM »

That's just my thought. 2 UI buttons. 1 UI Button to disable auto-use ship system on a ship and another to force the activation of its ship system. That way I can have multiple low-tech ships use their burn drive all at once in glory.  :)

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Force Ship System activation through Command Points
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 02:13:52 PM »

well, well, well, the thought has never crossed my mind, I am both amazed by it's creativity and simplicity. it's absolutely brilliant.

yes, force my stupid low tech ships to burn into some long range ship that they would normally never rush unless shield shunted. it's crazy, but just crazy enough that it might work!!! CAN YOU IMAGINE? THE ONSLAUGHTS? THE DOMINATORS? AHUEHUEUHEUHUEHUEUHEUHE

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2021, 02:23:36 PM »

Its a little bit micro for my taste but would certainly come in handy in some narrow situations. A battle line of low tech all burning at once would be tasty.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2021, 02:35:59 PM »

It would make command points valuable, like you can always pause the game and activate all the ship at once then unpause and let her rip while at the same time with burn drive being able to be turned off at will as well you can just use the button to force them to deactivate.

It can be used on any other ship systems as well as long as the code is simply just shipsystem.activate()
« Last Edit: August 06, 2021, 02:40:05 PM by Techpriest »

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2021, 05:27:07 PM »

ABSOLUTELY AGREE!
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Dread Lord Murubarda

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2021, 04:48:50 AM »

what if we could also enable/disable ability usage by the AI for each ship/whole fleet? ( there could be a button in the tactical UI )

that way it will always be off cooldown when we want to use it (we need it ready if we want to use it on several ships at once effectively).

or even better, 2 buttons:

one that disables/enables ability use for the whole fleet

second button would enable/disable ability use only on select ships which were marked in the fitting screen as the "special group" or w/e

ofc, this would give more power to the player, but it would do nothing for the current AI. unless the AI would be updated to use same tactics, like have a squad of enforcers flank and rush your backline.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2021, 08:06:57 AM »

I love all of these ideas
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward