Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: transponder "tricker"  (Read 454 times)

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
transponder "tricker"
« on: August 06, 2021, 06:43:57 PM »

so yea an or item or hullmod or ability that makes enemy fleets think youre an ally when you turn the transponder off (if you dont get too close)

perhaps the item route could involve putting whichever one you want active at the end of inventory

a skill gained from the sensor tree (or hullmod)

or maybe a set of hullmods wherein you oufit enough ships with a factions version to trick them into thinking youre allied unless you get specifically scanned by a patrol
or maybe a one size fits all version of that

personally i like the idea of it being item based, and you would have to collect them, perhaps from underworld types in bar events, or whatever other way seems appropriate and fun
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: transponder "tricker"
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2021, 07:31:03 PM »

I prefer faction-specific hullmods, let's us execute false-flag missions for contacts!
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: transponder "tricker"
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 10:46:11 AM »

Couldnt you do this with items as well?
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward