Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Low level bounties are very bizarre in how they're set up  (Read 2868 times)

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Low level bounties are very bizarre in how they're set up
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2021, 05:37:20 AM »

It gets even better when it's a faction revenge fleet for buying the security codes from pirates mission. If they catch you with transponder on, you HAVE to surrender a story point, because fighting instantly sets your rep to hostile.
Wow!  I did not bother with those missions because I simply brute force my way through the old-fashioned way.  I may have considered getting security codes once to make raiding for blueprints easier at Culann.  Guess add another mission to never accept.

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Low level bounties are very bizarre in how they're set up
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2021, 07:00:15 AM »

Related, I accepted a raid mission for about 50k-80k credits, completed it and ran off.  Much later (about months to a year), a revenge fleet about 180k-200k bounty strength hunted my fleet down and caught up.
Aren't revenge fleets a Nex feature though? Vanilla can hardly be blamed for that.

Revenge fleets for bar missions are 100% vanilla. And yes, they feel very unfair and unnecessary.
What Amoebka wrote.  And that revenge fleet was persistant too!  My fleet was not strong enough to kill it without losing at least half the fleet, so I lured it to my colony to vaporize it with my battlestation.

As far as I am concerned, the raid mission spawns the equivalent of a late-game bounty, and the mission should pay as such.  Raid missions are a named bounty in disguise.  You can run, but you cannot hide, and you must kill the revenge fleet eventually.

Raids may be disguised as a stealth mission, but it is really a named bounty job dressed up as a stealth mission, but you get paid far less, and named bounties already do not pay enough for those who are not strong enough for the flawless victory (which already greatly strains suspension of disbelief.)  The raid mission should make it very clear that it is ultimately a combat mission via revenge fleet, not a stealth mission, and it should pay at least as much as a bounty (and probably more to compensate for marine casualties).

P.S.  Because of that experience, I will never accept another raid mission in the current release.  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice...

I have had experiences with bounty fleets, I remember a modest one after spam raiding Epiphany and afterwards several massive fleets from galatian missions(kanta's daughter literally had a paragon-astral fleet chasing after them). For me, it's either I deal with them the old fashioned way or I keep evading them until they tire me, to which I summon my warfleet from the abandoned station and deal with them. If I am too lazy and have tahlan's enabled, I just lure them to rubicon and laugh as they get eviscerated by 5 massive legio warfleets. Also, I do believe those fleet eventually stop chasing you...eventually. Even better if faction or pirate fleets come knocking, just send them to the door of a faction they are hostile to and let them kill or at least whittle them for you to pick off.

Pages: 1 [2]