Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Captured drone ships and CR level  (Read 3150 times)

kekar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Captured drone ships and CR level
« on: August 04, 2021, 12:23:36 PM »

Hello,

I've been playing the recent vanilla version of the game.

I've gained a drone battleship, and I've equipped it with an alpha core. Currently, the combat readiness is very low at max value because of automated penalty (100%)? Are there any ways to increase the CR?

Kekar

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Captured drone ships and CR level
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 12:31:03 PM »

The penalty is there to make all automated ships useless, unless you get Automated Ships skill. You can increase your Radiant's CR through getting Crew Training (+15% max CR) and selecting Reliability Engineering skill for the ship's core (+15% max CR).

kekar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2021, 01:06:05 PM »

Thanks for the information. I've got both those first skills, but the max CR is still stuck at 17%, this ship has no de-mods at all as well, so I'm probably missing something?

kekar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 01:17:14 PM »

Perhaps 17% CR is max for these kinds of ships, even with these skills. The numbers and percentages are a bit vague, what they actually do.

The ship is fully functional in battle, but I guess it somewhat reduced in its full potential to balance the game..

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 02:09:04 PM »

The numbers and percentages are a bit vague, what they actually do.

this is a fairly common problem with the game's recent design iterations; things are phrased in ways that are mathematically accurate how to the algorithm that makes the thing work in the code is, but is nonsense to the player & completely fails to give a concise & accurate measure of what to expect
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2021, 02:34:57 PM »

Thanks for the information. I've got both those first skills, but the max CR is still stuck at 17%, this ship has no de-mods at all as well, so I'm probably missing something?
The skill itself should have stated how much CR it provided.
It’s -30% base + automated ship skill + officer skill + crew training
Tldr don’t bring a lot of them

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2021, 02:39:08 PM »

The numbers and percentages are a bit vague, what they actually do.

this is a fairly common problem with the game's recent design iterations; things are phrased in ways that are mathematically accurate how to the algorithm that makes the thing work in the code is, but is nonsense to the player & completely fails to give a concise & accurate measure of what to expect

The description is fairly concise and accurate.
The part confusing player is the skill effect reduces when you have more ships and player is not immediately notified about it.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

kekar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2021, 02:48:22 PM »

Looking forward to the next iterations of the game. Think I bought it on initial release date, when it became publically available. :)
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 03:02:13 PM by kekar »

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2021, 05:56:14 AM »

Max CR bonus granted from Automated Ships skill is spread over all automated ships you have in your fleet. You need to put some away to get the remaining ones operational. In case you are wondering how many Radiants can you run with acceptable CR, the answer is 1.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2021, 06:07:45 AM »

Perhaps 17% CR is max for these kinds of ships, even with these skills. The numbers and percentages are a bit vague, what they actually do.

The ship is fully functional in battle, but I guess it somewhat reduced in its full potential to balance the game..
It peaks at just above 40% for an Alpha core equipped Radiant with the +15 CR skill on its core. 17% is too low, are you carrying any other automated ships in your fleet? On the left side there's a fleet composition readout that should say Automated Ships 50, if it's more than 50 you can hover over it and it'll tell you what's causing that. Mothballed ships don't count so if you're just trying to bring freshly looted ships home mothball them.

kekar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2021, 11:50:24 AM »

Max CR bonus granted from Automated Ships skill is spread over all automated ships you have in your fleet. You need to put some away to get the remaining ones operational. In case you are wondering how many Radiants can you run with acceptable CR, the answer is 1.

Ah, "spread over all ships", OK thanks. This explains why the total CR dropped so much, because I've got 4 of them in my fleet. I understand that this is a balancing scheme. Great info!  :)