Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Bug with the enemy not deploying any ships  (Read 431 times)

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Bug with the enemy not deploying any ships
« on: August 04, 2021, 05:24:41 AM »

Bug with the enemy not deploying any ships if the recovery cost in supplies is <=1 still happening.
Could this be caused by the enemy AI deploying ships based on that value?

EDIT: Seems to be unrelated to the supply cost, reevaluating the situation myself, considering I have a lot of mods installed.
Sadly this has been an issue for me since 1.9.1 and I believe it must be some combination of mods I'm using.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2021, 09:10:38 AM by Alex »

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Bug with the enemy not deploying any ships
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2021, 09:11:09 AM »

I've just moved this off to the right forum for it; maybe someone'll see it that might have more of an idea as to what could be causing this.

Hiroyan495

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2021, 09:22:26 AM »

Solved issue by "lowering" negative OP cost of a custom hullmod in my mod "Scarlet Devils" from -250 to -100. Obviously works if reduced to 0 aswell.
Issue seems to happen due to going too far into the negative on the OP balance. I believe it doesn't happen when the -250 is counterbalanced by high OP weapons etc. that bring the balance back to -100 or more.

tl;dr in my case the cause was a negative OP-cost hullmod, for whatever reason that may be.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2021, 12:08:14 PM »

Ah, interesting - thank you for the info! Not sure why that'd happen, but negative OP hullmods are a bit iffy mechanically anyway, so...