Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: farsector [mod suggestion]  (Read 560 times)

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
farsector [mod suggestion]
« on: August 03, 2021, 08:19:24 PM »

a mod that increases the scale of the sector map by a factor of [some big number]. Not, "adds more stars", but, "makes the distance between clusters of constellations, harrowing." without affecting the core

we're talking, unless you have an atlas full of supplies & a prometheus full of fuel it is effectively impossible to explore the outer rim.

basically, it turns the game from a sector of clustered constellations, into a series of small sectors of 1 constellation cluster each, separated by long, long stretches of the hull of your ship creaking as you make the long haul. the kind where if something goes wrong while you're out on the frontier, you are going to be crawling back on your belly, sun-baked and begging for a drop of waterfuel, if by some miracle you make it back at all
we're talking the kind of distances that threaten, if not actively attempt, to strip all fun out of the game and make it feel like you're dragging yourself up a mountain by your fingernails.
we're talking the kind of distances where if you run out of fuel & wind up adrift in between clusters, you are actually, legit, for real ***ed.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 08:30:43 PM by Deshara »
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: farsector [mod suggestion]
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 08:28:21 PM »

Can’t you effectively do that with the adjusted sector mod?
Massively increase sector size without increasing constellations and maybe increase fuel consumption. A mod (can’t remember which one) increase fuel consumption based on how far you are from the core worlds.