Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Will anyone ever add a space station mod to be able to equip weapons/Defense?  (Read 1981 times)

Maverickpoet

• Ensign
    • View Profile

IMHO: I love STAR SECTOR 4ever!!! Best RPG/sci-fi game ever made.

Will anyone ever make a mod to be able to design your own space station in terms of weapons/defense and look prior to building?
Just wondering...

Thx again everyone for loving this game so much to keep it going and modding it.

My hats off to the DEVs
~Mav

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

In the past there was a mod called mobile battlestations that made it so you could fly battlestations.

Would be cool to have something similar in the future.

Hopefully Alex will make something along the lines of a smaller mobile station in the future: something with burn speed 4 and 10 s/u in combat that carries an insane amount of supplies and personell, and has awesome weaponry.
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

JUDGE! slowpersun

• Admiral
    • View Profile

In the past there was a mod called mobile battlestations that made it so you could fly battlestations.

Would be cool to have something similar in the future.

Hopefully Alex will make something along the lines of a smaller mobile station in the future: something with burn speed 4 and 10 s/u in combat that carries an insane amount of supplies and personell, and has awesome weaponry.

You mean the Death Anti-Life Star?  Minus the big laser...
I wasn't always a Judge...

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Generally speaking station as pilotable ship is not fun and not engaging
  • Hard coded to not allow any control
  • Even if you get around that by changing ship classification, you still have no control over each individual module
  • All station modules have 1000 OP - you can put practically anything on it
  • They have 250% increased range and infinite missile which is extremely broken if it's mobile
TL;DR it's going to make every fight trivial and eventually boring.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Generally speaking station as pilotable ship is not fun and not engaging
  • Hard coded to not allow any control
  • Even if you get around that by changing ship classification, you still have no control over each individual module
  • All station modules have 1000 OP - you can put practically anything on it
  • They have 250% increased range and infinite missile which is extremely broken if it's mobile
TL;DR it's going to make every fight trivial and eventually boring.
I think what OP wants is to swap out the mining blasters, not stations on engines.
I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

theres a mod (seeker, IIRC) that ads secret hidden mobile battlestation bosses who have multiple sections, that you can kit out & fly in the randomly generated missions, and from that i know for a fact that the game can handle players customizing stations. i think the only real challenge would be getting the game to draw from the player's variants, which is IIRC already a behavior for ship variants (you can tell your faction to only build kites, then take a kite & delete all of its variants except 1 that you made with expanded missile racks & apropos, and your faction will actually run fleets made out of them)
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I think what OP wants is to swap out the mining blasters, not stations on engines.

The loadout doesn't matter at all if you don't personally participate in battle;
Prioritize whatever weapon you want it mounted with and slap in an alpha core would be sufficient if you were to participate.

Station is already doing much more than they cost and I don't think player fit provides much content given how low frequency defensive battles happen let alone the frequency personally defending.

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile

I don't think player fit provides much content given how low frequency defensive battles happen let alone the frequency personally defending.

idk how ur game is going but im getting invaded by every faction every month. i see a lot of my station
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I don't think player fit provides much content given how low frequency defensive battles happen let alone the frequency personally defending.

idk how ur game is going but im getting invaded by every faction every month. i see a lot of my station
I am in cycle 232 and I have yet to see my station for once.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

well every game is different and having the stations for "just in case" would be cool

am i the only one who wants to travel the systems with my *totallynotamobiledeathstar* fighting waves of onslaughts and other mobile stations?

besides all of that, the idea i had was less about actual mobile battlestations and just mobile smaller stations.

in my mind, you could AT MOST have a mobile station at tier two, and thed be prohibitively expensive fuel wise, meaning you would pretty much use them as an invasion platform in a particularly troublesome system.  once you conquer one of the colonies there, you would more or less just store it there once you get the station of that world up and running

you could also just change the values and make it actually feasible (less OP and perhaps remove some of the hullmods that give it so much range, and almost definitely remove the mods that remove carrier readiness penalties, or perhaps just nerf those.  i say just nerf those, like built in lesser versions)

anyway i think that would be cool
edit: edit: maybe were just falling with style LOL.  make a bubble, make the space in front of it smaller and just fall forward

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

well every game is different and having the stations for "just in case" would be cool

am i the only one who wants to travel the systems with my *totallynotamobiledeathstar* fighting waves of onslaughts and other mobile stations?

besides all of that, the idea i had was less about actual mobile battlestations and just mobile smaller stations.

in my mind, you could AT MOST have a mobile station at tier two, and thed be prohibitively expensive fuel wise, meaning you would pretty much use them as an invasion platform in a particularly troublesome system.  once you conquer one of the colonies there, you would more or less just store it there once you get the station of that world up and running

you could also just change the values and make it actually feasible (less OP and perhaps remove some of the hullmods that give it so much range, and almost definitely remove the mods that remove carrier readiness penalties, or perhaps just nerf those.  i say just nerf those, like built in lesser versions)

anyway i think that would be cool

Then that’s more of a super dreadnought than a station you’re asking for.
MSM should fulfill your needs.

6chad.noirlee9

• Captain
    • View Profile

what does main stream media have to do with this?

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You can also just add them to your fleet with Console Commands, although I can't imagine anything good happening if more than one station is deployed to a battle.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile

You can also just add them to your fleet with Console Commands, although I can't imagine anything good happening if more than one station is deployed to a battle.
Station is hard coded to spawn in the center of the map iirc.
That said two stations will simply collide into each other and starsector ramming physics is not the best in the world...

Pages: [1] 2