Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Randomly generated and renewed temporary systems/planets  (Read 467 times)

SonnaBanana

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Randomly generated and renewed temporary systems/planets
« on: August 02, 2021, 08:46:10 PM »

Please add randomly generated systems/planets similar to the Alpha Site which must be accessed with Transverse Jump.
Except that unlike the Alpha Site they disappear when the player jumps back out, erasing everything in the system and making it inaccessible.
Every time one of them disappears, another one is generated somewhere in the sector.

They should contain great rewards, as well as lots of [REDACTED] or even [EXPUNGED].
They are also great material for contact missions.

I'm not going to check but you should feel bad :( - Alex

JAL28

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Randomly generated and renewed temporary systems/planets
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 11:13:14 PM »

Well, there are instances of planets in real life that aren’t connected to any stellar body and just drift around deep space, though most (all) of them would probably be frozen, barren, cryo volcanic, ice giants or something along that line

FooF

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 09:55:27 AM »

This seems a much more appropriate action for traversing “one-way” Gates. You can go bonkers with whatever is on the other side with an expectation that they won’t open again when you’re done.

Gothars

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Eschewing obfuscatory verbosity.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2021, 01:12:24 PM »

What I like about this idea is that it would be one more reason to actually pay attention in hyperspace. As it is I still just tab out during long voyages, once my fleet and finances are fortified enough to survive it.
The game was completed 8 years ago and we get a free expansion every year.

Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.