Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Spoilers] could use some alterations with the officer-based deployment cap  (Read 373 times)

Akrasia

• Ensign
    • View Profile

So I went off to fight some Remnant ordos, after withdrawing a pile of capital ships, thinking that the reason I had such limited deployment was because of relative fleet size.

Doing some searching, I soon found that deployment had been changed at some point earlier this year to reflect relative officer levels rather than relative fleet size. That's rough, because even with max level officers (including the two Domain level 7's), a beta core Radiant, and Officer Training, I'm still deploying at a disadvantage relative to Remnant Ordos because of their large collection of AI core officers. That disadvantage is compounded by the low DP costs of Remnant ships. All in all, it makes for an unpleasant experience that mainly rewards sticking your whole fleet on your own deployment edge so that you can cycle capitals easily and compensate for the significant fielded force disadvantage you suffer.

The relatively simple solution would be to adjust how AI core officers are counted in fleet deployment calculations.