Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Finished a playthrough  (Read 676 times)

Shirobine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Finished a playthrough
« on: August 02, 2021, 10:54:09 AM »

In the sense that I got where I wanted, unkillable. The future changes means I can't really talk about much with skills and such. I'm glad raiding is getting fixed soon, I felt dirty abusing it, but man was I a glutton. The Revenant was a cool addition, if Prometheus and the Atlas didn't get buffed from being pigs with fuel in the last version I think it would have been an interesting competitor against just using Colossus and Phaetons. I suppose the phase gimmick helps with those stealth and smuggler runs, would have been nice if it had shielded cargo, though with how ridiculous you can decrease your sensor profile to the point where you'd have to be touching for them to see you, it's probably moot. Patrols probably need sensor array specific ships I suppose. I wonder if a capital ship variant of a phase logistics ship would be too good. Since this build encouraged all these neat things, I feel as though being stealthy is a lot more rewarding than I previously thought, was a fun experience, if not highlighting the limitations of the AI. The next build can't come soon enough! Also looking forward to more boss battles, and the ability to craft or get those ships too of course heh. The Ox is still the best ship in the game btw.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 11:00:11 AM by Shirobine »

Kohlenstoff

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Finished a playthrough
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2021, 01:46:15 PM »

The Revenant is actually for just these reasons more than worthy to be used as main freighter and tanker for small fleets. Especially since 1 Revenant is enough to carry fuel AND supplies for getting two capitals to almost any point in the sector. I use almost only a fleet consisting of 1 Revenant, 1 Radiant and my Ziggurrat Flagship.

Shirobine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Finished a playthrough
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 02:16:17 PM »

The Revenant is actually for just these reasons more than worthy to be used as main freighter and tanker for small fleets. Especially since 1 Revenant is enough to carry fuel AND supplies for getting two capitals to almost any point in the sector. I use almost only a fleet consisting of 1 Revenant, 1 Radiant and my Ziggurrat Flagship.

I guess with that new ship phase crops is a serious thing and is probably why it's getting adjusted for next patch, I haven't tried it myself but it's good that one method can't encompass everything too easily. As a side note, I hope the previous boss ships become recoverable as well with the AI skill next patch. The Mom and Cryo-dad boss ships. Even if they got power crept by now it would still feel good to obtain a rarity the major factions wouldn't have. Granted every faction already feels like the Persian League in terms of useful ships by now...