Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: RC12 - Blueprint inside coronal hypershunt and unsurveyable alpha site  (Read 1778 times)

Undead

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

In my playthrough i have stumbled upon this situation: both of the hypershunts have blueprints inside them that are unobtainable (from historian and the separate bar person who gives location of blueprint for money)

Steps to reproduce: survey all (i mean ALL) the stars/planets, then start the main quest and the historian/bar dude bluebrint intel. So basically after finishing the main quest I have cleared the first hypershunt with the help of ziggurat, and even after offloading the metals and reactivating the shunt it is impossible to obtain the blueprints hidden inside them (in my case 14th falcon and 14th onslaught in one shunt and a monitor in another.)

Furthermore, I occasionally get the survey mission for the alpha site and hypershunt (for the shunt not sure if it happens after you clear and activate it) after surveying whole sector, which is impossible to accomplish, since alpha site is unsurveyable.

Undead

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Just checked - it is only the blueprints from historian that have the hypershunt problem. Also, this bug also works for activated hypershunt, just got an 14th enforcer blueprint intel from historian and its inside the hypershunt that i have activated today

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi - thank you for the report, and sorry about that! This is actually fixed in -RC15, except that the fix requires a new game to have been started, since it involves changing some properties of the hypershunt (and alpha site) that are only set when they're created.

Undead

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

it has been fixed already? great! will start rc15 run soon

RedDragon924

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: RC12 - Blueprint inside coronal hypershunt and unsurveyable alpha site
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 08:27:54 PM »

I'm sorry to bump a dead thread, but I didn't want to start a new thread about this issue. Pretty certain I started the campaign in RC15, don't know how to tell. The historian gave me the blueprint for the Mjolnir cannon on a Hypershunt that I hadn't explored yet. 

I just fought the [REDACTED], fed the materials to the Hypershunt, but whenever I tried to explore it, it just tells me it's operational.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: RC12 - Blueprint inside coronal hypershunt and unsurveyable alpha site
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 08:33:54 PM »

Hmm - just double-checked, and yeah, you're right, this wasn't actually fixed in -RC15 - only half of the fix was in. It *is* however fixed in the dev build, so it'll be fixed for the 0.95.1a release. My apologies about the mixup!