Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Pather Tithe Suggestion  (Read 524 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Pather Tithe Suggestion
« on: July 31, 2021, 06:47:22 PM »

Also, Pather demanding tithe should be a global variable to remember. It's really annoying when 3 pather fleets are chasing you and they demand a tithe from each per fleet all at once. The command that's supposed to cool them down doesn't seem to matter when you're near their base to trade.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Pather Tithe Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2021, 06:48:58 PM »

(Split this off from the topic in bug reports, changed the title, and moved it to suggestions.)

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2021, 06:02:37 PM »

I'll further comment that trading with pirate/pather bases while hostile is pretty jank in general, since you're likely to get ganked by the patrols, especially when a fleet decides you're in base support range.

In a 'real' scenario one might pay a protection fee up front to avoid conflict; don't know how well this would fit in the game.

Sutopia

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 06:26:07 PM »

Why trade with you when they can just... loot you?
I would actually suggest making pirate patrol remain hostile (or able to turn hostile if you’re weak) until the relation is at or better than neutral.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2021, 06:35:28 PM by Sutopia »

Since all my mods have poor reputation, I deem my efforts unworthy thus no more updates will be made.

BaBosa

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2021, 09:34:19 PM »

With pirate patrols, could it be a little random. Like to account for how it would depend on how desperate/aggressive/predatory the pirate captain is? So you still sometimes have fights but don’t always need to deal with it.
And Maybe add a fear factor that decreases the chance they’ll attack you if you’ve recently beaten another patrol?