Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: [0.7.1a]~The Nihilic Empire~ 0.98 (New ships, market balancing act)  (Read 84971 times)

rada660

• Captain
    • View Profile

yup ;D now i made all ammo weapon to have their ammo being regenerated >:3 now its massive weaponry everywhere all the time ;D

happen that i made the irritum heavy boosted, its still beat-able in campaign, you just need that fleet for it ;3

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

yup ;D now i made all ammo weapon to have their ammo being regenerated >:3

Regenerated how? Like rockets and shells? ... I did not know that was possible.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile

yup ;D now i made all ammo weapon to have their ammo being regenerated >:3

Regenerated how? Like rockets and shells? ... I did not know that was possible.

Since 0.52a there's the "charges" mechanic for Autpulses and Burst lasers and similar weapons. Essentially it is only different from ammunition in that it regenerates automatically.
And that regeneration flag can be put on any weapon, not just energy weapons.

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Oh, that's nifty, Sure wasn't around in my days. Thanks for the info!

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Updated to 0.82b to work better with the new patch.

Also I'm not dead.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile

(He's a zombie ;D)

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

(Brains?)

Updated in a hurry to 0.82c, as the last version were... dumb.

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: ~The Nihilic Empire~ 0.85 (One of the oldest active mods for Starfarer!)
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2012, 06:44:20 AM »

Updated again, now it's much less buggy, especially the big and really big ships. Also new sound for secret big gun...

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2013, 06:34:20 PM »

umm...heavy vanilla balance in order here...there way too strong and way to much shield compacity and depletion....you might want to consider making the big ships smaller...play the vanillas versus your own team and you'll see what i mean by very busted....other then that its a nice idea...unfortunately your being bombarded by absolutely cheap weaponry here..which surprises me that no one is bothered by this major unbalances. Other than that i hope we get to see a story and a background about these people but please take my advice and cut down on the ship sizes and power and it could go in a compilation mod :)

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: ~The Nihilic Empire~ 0.85 (not that updated for now) 03/03/13
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2013, 03:02:55 AM »

Well, if you played the missions you'd know that the enemy (mods ship) are supposed to be hard as balls - the difficulty rating is there for a reson. I have bested all the mission myself and while they are (very) hard they are not undoable. I do realize however that the game AI have been improved alot since I last updated and that might very well have increased the difficulty above the super-leet limit, I will probably poke around with the mod some time or another - I'm suprised the mod still works in the game at all!

Get in to a compilation? Why the heck would I want that, it's not like that is some supreme goal to be stowed in with a bunch of other mods that don't fit with mine.

HELMUT

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I really like that mod. The idea of zombie/demon ship remind me a bit of Event Horizon. And that Super Dreadnought is really fun to fight against, it's surprising that the modding community doesn't make more of that kind of oversized ships, that would make great boss fight.

However those shields are pretty damn though and getting through them seem a bit too difficult to me. No, actually what really burden me is that there are no soft spot as they use OMNI shields with a 360 radius. I think it could be a good idea to let a little opening behind them (like a 3/4 shield?), it would incite the player to rely more on positioning and tactic to defeat the biggest ships. I know they are supposed to be some kind of boss fleet but actually there a nothing much the player can do save for trying to outgun those monsters, and this doesn't work very well with factions who don't rely on big guns.

Also, you should try to make them interact with the faction from Uomoz Corvus Mod as it is (probably) the most played mod.

ganjou234

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Will it apply to an old save I got I have Uomoz's Corvus mod and a couple of other ones?

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile

The ships do need a fair bit of balance however since most of the weapons are flat upgrades.

Nanostrike

• Captain
    • View Profile

The ships do need a fair bit of balance however since most of the weapons are flat upgrades.

I agree.  They tend to steamroll pretty hard.

etherealblade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2013, 02:04:43 AM »

Disagree. Thule ships smash nihilic shields to pieces and then make quick work of the rest. What he needs is an built in weapon for his super dreadnought that is super scary. As of right now the other factions have created pretty powerful warships capable of dealing easily with the once thought broken and terrifying evil ghost ships. As the game updates, it's not a bad idea to consider some fitting ship systems.  Of course on another note, when this guy releases his mod ....everyone will die. His faction is meant to be an ancient and POWERFUL BOSS adversary. So trust me it'll help restructure your worries of your awesome being too strong.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:30:40 PM by etherealblade »
Spoiler

[close]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6