Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How does shipping disruption work?  (Read 766 times)

Leisen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
How does shipping disruption work?
« on: August 03, 2021, 08:26:49 PM »

Hello, this is my first post. I have established 3 colonies in my campaign. All of them are in the same system. I also have a cryoarithmetic engine installed in the high command of a extremely heat world so I believe I have fairly strong patrols. However my colonies still get shipping disruption time to time. Goods of my colony cannot be delivered to another world in the same system. How does shipping disruption work? Is there anything I can to to prevent shipping disruption?

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
Re: How does shipping disruption work?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2021, 08:29:51 PM »

shipping disruption happens when a merchant fleet heading to one of your colonies doesnt make it. your system probably doesnt have the capacity to produce every commodity your colonies need so it'll basically always be a possibility for a fleet from the core to not make it -- through no fault of your own. it's just a thing to live with
as for why your colonies arent trading with eachother, that comes down to access. the accessibility stat determines how much of a commodity can come from your other colonies (on top of other stuff). raise that stat & they'll supply eachother more. there are, however, very few ways to actually do that. build waystations, upgrade ur port, upgrade your waystations & megaports
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

Leisen

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2021, 08:37:38 PM »

shipping disruption happens when a merchant fleet heading to one of your colonies doesnt make it. your system probably doesnt have the capacity to produce every commodity your colonies need so it'll basically always be a possibility for a fleet from the core to not make it -- through no fault of your own. it's just a thing to live with
as for why your colonies arent trading with eachother, that comes down to access. the accessibility stat determines how much of a commodity can come from your other colonies (on top of other stuff). raise that stat & they'll supply eachother more. there are, however, very few ways to actually do that. build waystations, upgrade ur port, upgrade your waystations & megaports

Thank you for your reply. I've produced enough goods for my colony. It says demand met though in-faction imports. Does my colony still trade with core worlds in this case?

Deshara

• Admiral
  • Suggestion Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2021, 01:17:47 AM »

it exports what it cant use. maybe outbound fleets not making it cause shipping disruptions too? It'd make sense that they would since even though the fleet not making it hasn't caused a reduction in your faction's commodities, it has caused a loss in the faction's income
Quote from: Deshara
I cant be blamed for what I said 5 minutes ago. I was a different person back then

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 05:29:54 AM »

I suspect that even if you supply your faction entirely internally, the game still generates fleets going to and from other colonies and those fleets get destroyed.