Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Colonial Choices  (Read 368 times)

King Alfonzo

• Admiral
  • -- D O C T O R --
    • View Profile
Colonial Choices
« on: July 28, 2021, 05:11:59 AM »

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned or put forward before, but I have an idea about making colonies a touch more impactful. When players get within Comm Relay range, they can be contacted by their colony about a problem (kind of like the UI of an inspection fleet). The choice the player makes can influence what happens on the colony, for good or bad. For instance, your colony contacts you about a smuggling cartel strangling legitimate business, and want your imput on what to do. You can crack down, and lose some accessibility and annoy the pirates (who may send a raid at you), or let it happen, and get lower profits and lower stability, or even try and outcompete the smugglers at their own game depending on how "in" you are with the pirates.

The most powerful feature I think with this is interacting with luddic path cells and AI cores in a meaningful way without having to babysit your colony,a nd only having to go back when you really mess up. Or, go back in order to trigger the Path / AI core to action so you can crush them in person.