Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: May have soft-locked one of my saves  (Read 1049 times)

thomas_pigskin

• Ensign
  • braindead moron and rat bastard extraordinaire
    • View Profile
May have soft-locked one of my saves
« on: July 27, 2021, 03:42:25 AM »

Okay, so, this being my first actual forum post, it's probably going to be a bit of a strange read, but I may have just soft-locked one of my saves.

For context, this specific save was taken to test out a strategy I discovered from a Spiffing Brit video, detailing how you could quite literally just hold the entirety of the Galatia star system hostage by learning to transverse-jump early in the game. After quite a long period of time (not sure of the exact amount), in which I did naught but buy surplus goods to sell at Ancyra, while trying to fit some Tempests and an Omen for some combat potential, I jump back into Galatia to discover that the colony at Ancyra is, in all definitions of the term, dead.

Dead as hell.

No shoes on in the casket at all.

Naturally, I was quite confused, so I tried stabilizing the jump point, since that's the bit of the tutorial I was at. Tells me to report back to Ancyra. Problem with that, Ancyra is less of a colony, more of a nice cluster of ruins I scavenged through.

Honestly, at this point, I'm unsure where to actually take this save, since I'm pretty sure I'm locked in tutorial mode forever. Might start up a new one another time if I feel like it. The legacy of Tommy Warcrimes has to end with him straight up proxy-collapsing a civilization.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: May have soft-locked one of my saves
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2021, 04:00:21 AM »

Yup!
What you can do though, before it starts to decivilise, is build your own Comms relay, which should keep Ankle above 0 stability.

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2021, 07:28:31 AM »

I guess the plot armor should be expanded to tutorial quest steps too?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2021, 07:47:02 AM »

Hmm - the real question is, how did you even jump out of Galatia? Since Transverse Jump no longer works during the tutorial!

Vanshilar

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2021, 10:00:23 AM »

What version of the game are you using? The most recent version prevents you from transverse jumping out during the tutorial, specifically to prevent it from breaking the tutorial in this fashion.

thomas_pigskin

• Ensign
  • braindead moron and rat bastard extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2021, 01:16:57 PM »

Oh, I'm running Version 0.9.1a-RC8, would that explain how?

rabbistern

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2021, 01:37:42 PM »

yes. it was mentioned in the patch notes with a (sorry!) even afaik

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2021, 12:57:37 AM »

Well, in that case, there isn't anything to soft-lock in the first place. Well, besides the tutorial. If you got going outside Galatia already, though, I'm guessing you got all the abilities you need from the tutorial already, so you should be fine.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2021, 01:30:56 AM »

If you got going outside Galatia already, though, I'm guessing you got all the abilities you need from the tutorial already, so you should be fine.
Quite a lot of features (including, but not limited to, missions, colony funding, stipend funding) are disabled until (parts of) the tutorial is over, unfortunately.